Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

SmooveP

WARNING, TREE DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF MANY LOG RUN IN HUBER.

Red dot indicates location.
View attachment 137450
View attachment 137451
I'm not sure when this came down, but it's extremely dangerous, since it's at the bottom of a downhill and around a blind curve. I almost died this afternoon, flying downhill, hitting the brakes on sand when a tree is 15' in front of you is really sketchy.

I'll talk to the park tomorrow about removing this.
This is why I always ride with people who are faster than me. On the flip side, I protect them from bear attacks, so it evens out in the end.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
WARNING, TREE DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF MANY LOG RUN IN HUBER.

Red dot indicates location.
View attachment 137450
View attachment 137451
I'm not sure when this came down, but it's extremely dangerous, since it's at the bottom of a downhill and around a blind curve. I almost died this afternoon, flying downhill, hitting the brakes on sand when a tree is 15' in front of you is really sketchy.

I'll talk to the park tomorrow about removing this.

u r clearly going over the speed limit

JonF

Rode Hart this past Saturday and was mostly all clear. Still a few big ones laying across trails not cut out but some were in fairly remote places or just too large to hit with a hand saw. Oddly, the claypit connector has 3 or so trees down across the trail that aren't cleared--you'd think that would get sawn up first?

OTOH, erosion and sand washes are ridiculous. Some of the logs embedded perpendicular to the trail to hold back the earth have let go letting even more erosion take place. Saw this on that short little gnarly DH trail north of Cuesta with all the stair steps.

Otherwise its business as usual there. It wa a beautiful day so i busted out the camera for some POV action.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
The washout on the water tower descent is blind until your right on it, be careful
I’m trying to think of something witty, like “Were you running or riding?” or “Do you know your way around Hartshorne?”

But really, I’m just glad to see you posted. 🙂

merritt

I’m trying to think of something witty, like “Were you running or riding?” or “Do you know your way around Hartshorne?”

But really, I’m just glad to see you posted. 🙂
Haha yeah i deserve that, it all came back to me as they say it's just like riding a bike !
Knowing the place soo well is what can get you into trouble , when the engrained mental trail map doesn't expect the undermined water bar !

TimBay

Conditions were great...except for some shit sippers leaving their trash. I gotta start carrying a bag to throw this crap in. You all already know the exact spot without seeing the picture. This was the busiest I've ridden it with my new Timberbell. That thing is amazing. People hearing me nice and early, I even had a hiker to the side of the trail before I came around a turn and a few gave compliments to it (or they were mocking it, who knows). I highly recommend for some of the tight stuff on grand tour and rocky point. And here's a pick of the bro shrine offerings from other bro trash people.

20200901_185020.jpg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Conditions were great...except for some shit sippers leaving their trash. I gotta start carrying a bag to throw this crap in. You all already know the exact spot without seeing the picture. This was the busiest I've ridden it with my new Timberbell. That thing is amazing. People hearing me nice and early, I even had a hiker to the side of the trail before I came around a turn and a few gave compliments to it (or they were mocking it, who knows). I highly recommend for some of the tight stuff on grand tour and rocky point. And here's a pick of the bro shrine offerings from other bro trash people.

View attachment 138482

When it's hot out hikers tell me they were hoping I was the ice cream man. When it's cold out hikers are expecting Santa Claus to be riding the trails. Mocking or not, everyone is always smiling...

smw

I was out on the Huber side Tuesday. Trail conditions were damp. Anyone heading out today? I'll probably be riding into the parking lot around 630p

CommandoStyle

I’m planning to ride Hartshorne tonight, I’ll meet you at the Huber lot 6:30. I ride a green Santa Cruz and wear an orange helmet.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions