the BEST WORST weekend ever.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ok so every few years ill have a horrible stint of badluck with myself and people around me. and well that happened this weekend.

1. left for pennsylvania with my girl and she had forgotten her coat. we didnt realize it till we were like half way there.
2. driving up 287 and completely miss my exit for 206 so i had to drive all the way up 287 to rt80 instead of cutting across 206.
3. saturday morning we pack up the bikes and go ride at jacobsburg. get about 5 miles in and im about to do a little climb and SNAP my f*&^ing hub breaks. 2 mile hike back to the car.
4. drive out of the way to get to sonic to eat and when we get there its like they were serving burgers made out of free gasoline and gold. there was a 40 car line just to get close to the place. ended up just turning around and going back.
5. get back to the house and my girl gets a call from her dad that the passenger side of her car was all dented. someone must have hit and run her car. she was supposed to trade that car in this week and buy a new car. so that screwed her pretty badly.
6. leave PA on sunday morning and head to my buddies dads house near poughkeepsie and get about 50 miles away and forget my jacket at my sisters. no big deal though, they had extra coats and stuff there.
7. sunday night we went to a haunted trail walk thing. on the way there i had to grab some cash out of the atm. i got my cash and had forgotten to spit the card out of the machine. the door locks behind me and i had to use someone elses card to get back in. by the time i got back in it ate my card.
8. get back to the house and people were going to take sshowers and such and wouldnt you know it the boiler broke. no hot water or heat. and it was COLD last night.
9. i wake up this morning and call that bank and asked if they had my card and they did. so i was like AWESOME. she tells me just to bring my license. so i go out to my car to get it and wouldnt you know it, the f^&*ing thing is in my wallet thats currently in my jacket thats at my sisters in PA. so i got to the bank anyhow and had my checkbook, paystub, etc etc. all stuff with my name on it. PLUS my buddies dad who is a cop who was with me to vouch for my identity and they still wouldnt give it to me. now i have to get a new card. lame.
10. leave the bank and my buddies dad forget his bag on his roof, luckily it didnt fall off for it had his pistol in it.
11. we get on the pallisades parkway and im following my buddy and dad. they were in his car and i was in my car. we are doing the speed limit because my license is in my wallet in PA and we pass two cops. nothing to worry about right? think again.... the lights go on and we get pulled over. and im thinking WTF?!?! my buddies dad gets out of his car and flashes his badge at the cop and they get to talking. turns out the cop was a marine. my buddy is an ex marine and his dad is ex army ranger. anyhow... the cop knocks on my window and says "you owe that guy a beer"(meaning my buddies dad) and told me to have a nice day. turns out he was pulling me over for not having a front plate and for my exhaust(which is bullsh^t because its quiet AND legal). and had i gotten those tickets AND had no license i would have gotten a NASTY 500 dollar plus fine.

all im going to say is i am GLAD this weekend is over. all and all the whole REST of the weekend was awesome.

sixseven

Guess what? It only gets worse the older you get.:p
Thanks for sharing!
Just kidding, but always remember it could be worse. Way worse.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sounds like a great weekend!
Non-stop excitement and all.

I'd say it was a break-even weekend. The hubs and the extra mileage and the dents... all offset by the run of extremely good luck. The bag didn't fall off the roof risking the gun discharging and hitting an innocent bystander and the guy saved you a ton of money in tickets and got you a date for a beer.

And consider the memories... priceless!!!
:p

don

damn! What a weekend. I think everything wasn't too bad save for your girl's hit and run. That really really sucks. All the other stuff makes a good story! I always do a "pocket checklist" before I go anywere - mobile phone, wallet w/ license, keys, money, & sunglasses. A little anal but it's saved me a few times.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
damn! What a weekend. I think everything wasn't too bad save for your girl's hit and run. That really really sucks. All the other stuff makes a good story! I always do a "pocket checklist" before I go anywere - mobile phone, wallet w/ license, keys, money, & sunglasses. A little anal but it's saved me a few times.

yeah my problem with the wallet was i NEVER carry a wallet. i usually just have my license and various cards/cash. i had an oil change on friday morning and grabbed my wallet out of my car instead of leaving it in there like always.

don

yeah my problem with the wallet was i NEVER carry a wallet. i usually just have my license and various cards/cash. i had an oil change on friday morning and grabbed my wallet out of my car instead of leaving it in there like always.

ahhh, gotcha.

Top Bottom