What have you done to your bike today?

new bearings and seals in my pedals today since the weather (and tour guide) for todays ride didnt work out . . . (the bearings where fine, but i somehow managed to destroy the seals and didnt want to destroy the bearing surfaces . . . )
20181102_090657.jpg

also changed the battery in my powertap since i got the low battery warning yesterday, no playing games with that one.

new bearings and seals in my pedals today since the weather (and tour guide) for todays ride didnt work out . . . (the bearings where fine, but i somehow managed to destroy the seals and didnt want to destroy the bearing surfaces . . . )
View attachment 80132

also changed the battery in my powertap since i got the low battery warning yesterday, no playing games with that one.

Hmmm, addressing an issue BEFORE it catastrophically fails. :)

Yea right. What a novel concept. Iv actually never had to rebuild a set of these before. In all the thousands of miles iv put on them. I think this pair had around 1500 miles on them

View attachment 80132

How much is the refresh pack? I have 5 sets of eggs and every one except the Ti version has crappy seals. Did you notice if they arebetter than the stock versions?

It's supposed to rain overnight, but if you hit Jungle what time? CX race is 5 min. from Jungle. Maybe see you after.

How much is the refresh pack? I have 5 sets of eggs and every one except the Ti version has crappy seals. Did you notice if they arebetter than the stock versions?

they feel like new, the seals are the new style and will work on the old style, the installation instructions showed different factory seal orientation pre and post 2015, mine were apparently post 2015 (i dont remember buying pedals that recently except for my 2 week old stache, so that must be about the time i bought them), the look a little better than the old ones, but that could be because the old ones were beat to hell, taking them apart to grease once a year would PROBABLY help them last longer, but im too lazy, and since the rebuild kit is so cheap ($20 every 3 years . . . ) im not motivated to really worry about it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016OQVEZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if you have the pre-2015 seal setup this will get you the newer style seals

Back
Top Bottom