What have you done to your bike today?

Kaleidopete

I replaced the bearing and bushing in my Fixyation pedal. It went bad with a knocking sound.
The company has just come out with a repair kit with new axle and bearing kit. They set it to
me free when I contacted them. So today I installed it and it's perfect. The threads on my crank
arm were not perfect making it hard to start the pedal, so I modified the old pedal shaft and ran it
through from the backside of the crank arm thereby cleaning up the threads. I even cut 4 grooves
in the shaft threads to sort of act like a tap. It worked great and the pedal went right in.

special tool # 27 by me
thread tool.jpg

Last edited:

qclabrat

Regular unleaded. 35mm clamp jammie. Looks like carbon bars might have to get switched back to some good ol’ aluminum.
were you sending it or just regular riding? Just you not posting in the show your booboos thread is a good thing.
Any catastrophic failure is not a good thing.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Regular unleaded. 35mm clamp jammie. Looks like carbon bars might have to get switched back to some good ol’ aluminum.

Mother F******er. Now I’m really glad I swapped out my carbon fatbar on the Nomad for the aluminum version after I scraped it on the rocks. That one lives on “The Snow Dog” now cuz snow is soft and metal radiates cold....

Xler8

were you sending it or just regular riding? Just you not posting in the show your booboos thread is a good thing.
Any catastrophic failure is not a good thing.

Yeah I was doing a little of both. I did take a small spill, but no battle scars to speak of. Have taken bigger spills in the past and never had anything actually break, just bent stuff. Found it a little odd that it just snapped like that.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
is that an orange jorba band? i got a green one for you.....or are the tires orange(ish)

Top Bottom