What have you done to your bike today?

Upgraded the drivetrain to 1 x 11, thanks Halter's. So technically I didn't upgrade it.

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 262
Cable routing fail

That was just to see if it worked, here's the final version. Went great yesterday for our take your child to work day. I think the kids enjoyed our escape room... You had to first find the cogs and one other item to get the combo to the lock.. Remove the cover, then do the problem...This was my contribution, but we had five different problems involving other engineering problems...Materials, manufacturing, heat transfer, center of gravity of an airplane....it was really fun.

20180426_122856.jpg
20180426_122853.jpg
20180426_122918.jpg
20180426_122848.jpg

I replaced my rear brake rotor. I put new pads in last week and since then they seemed tight.
I loosened the caliper to center it with the rotor and noticed I couldn't, because it wobbles. da!
Bent brake rotor, That could help explain my lack of energy yesterday while riding. New rotor = free spinning!:)

Big rubbers for the weekend!
Hated the draggy Chunky Monkeys. FBN 3.0 are a good profile with a dually front but tiny with a 25mm rear. Actually this is ideal for me since I like to lean on turns and the rounder rear will help with the traction. I have like 20 tires to screw around with this season. Cheaper than buying a new bike...
IMG_20180503_225229.jpg

When's the Rallon getting some love...... Asking for a friend (ok, it's me) ;)
soon bro, getting the wheels setup and new dropper, also can't figure out which seat to use.
For the SS, I like firm saddles. Should I go a little softer for DH? Thinking a Volt Pro. What are folks using out there, hoping not to buy another

Saw the Rallon in action at HM last year. Thought he said it didn't climb too well?
Climbing was just okay, as I expected better given the reviews. It was also the tires, HR2s are pretty aggressive, will need to find better AM/Trail rubber. Also need to play around with the geo, not sure which HT angle it's currently set on. I'm guessing I should have chip set to slacker for DH?

soon bro, getting the wheels setup and new dropper, also can't figure out which seat to use.
For the SS, I like firm saddles. Should I go a little softer for DH? Thinking a Volt Pro. What are folks using out there, hoping not to buy another
For DH... how often would you be on the saddle? I would have thought you would be standing more often?
My HT came with Volt Race and its so much better than any of the Giant saddle I've been on

It’s not gonna matter, you really won’t be sitting unless you’re resting.

Climbing was just okay, as I expected better given the reviews. It was also the tires, HR2s are pretty aggressive, will need to find better AM/Trail rubber. Also need to play around with the geo, not sure which HT angle it's currently set on. I'm guessing I should have chip set to slacker for DH?
HR2 roll pretty well for how much grip they provide . Bikes in the 150+ travel department will never climb good and if you try and put light weight fast rolling tires on a bike like that it's still going to climb like a turd ( trust me I've been there and tried to make one bike do everything ) just run shortys in maxx grip dh casing then everything after that will feel fast rolling

Back
Top Bottom