What have you done to your bike today?

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20180420_173916.jpg

Big heavy rubber on the tallboy to pre ride Glen park enduro then I'll decide what bike I'm racing

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So we have a theme for the kids like an escape room... We have problems that need to be solved, the solution gets to a combination to thw next problem etc... This is what we came up with for the gear train problem
View attachment 67515

great twist - present a puzzle, as part of a bigger puzzle.

eevin moar lyks!

you know etap would have made this.....:D

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Put the Nates on the Muk and previewed the race course, plus some of the mooch and stephens goods.
i missed that little rock fill to get on the upper line under route 80 again. i just don't see it, until i miss it.

IMG_0443.JPG

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you search for the dealer manuals (or youtube it, I'm sure), you can adjust the clutch fairly easily (but need a tiny open-ended wrench...a 3.5/4mm, I think). It's stiffer than SRAM, when it's new. If you're ever in the area, you can even beg a tiny bit of Nexus grease from me for the clutch, in a tiny ziplock baggy.

Sounds sketchy and borderline felony. Definitely will do if I'm in the hood thx!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
droppers don't break in they usually just break , sounds like cable might need to be snugged up a lil try and get all the slack out then it should speed it up a lil

I had it tighter and it wasn't tightening but it may have more to do with being past my bed time gonna give it another crack when my son goes down for his nap

blackburn1973

Finally managed to get a pair of Kenda Telonix set up ghetto tubeless on my Heckler. Been trying all winter and couldn't get the bead to pop, even using a compressor with the valves removed. Secret seems to have been putting the tires out in the sun to soften up a bit and make them more pliable (the sidewall is a bit thick on them). Once done they popped with no problem. Lesson learned.

Kaleidopete

Changed my brake pads on the Farley. They've been squealing like a cat being dragged off a metal roof.
They look like they have plenty of meat left on 'em, but they were crying to be changed. I took them out
last week and sanded them down a little thinking a new surface would satisfy them, nope.

qclabrat

Changed my brake pads on the Farley. They've been squealing like a cat being dragged off a metal roof.
They look like they have plenty of meat left on 'em, but they were crying to be changed. I took them out
last week and sanded them down a little thinking a new surface would satisfy them, nope.
Since we talking pads, what's the best out there?

Kaleidopete

Since we talking pads, what's the best out there?
don't know, I have the SRAM elixir metal sintered pads. They still have better than a dime thickness left.
They are the squealers I had and I'm replacing them with the same because I already have them.
Next time I might go with non metallic.

Top Bottom