Wawayanda State Park Conditions

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be riding central Jersey or PA for a little longer. Not a bad thing, just want to get some rides in at Waway before Spring Cleaning and Bearscat 50.

I rode here this past Sunday and it was pretty decent. There's snow in spots, but everything is ridable.

Surprisingly very good conditions today at Waway. No snow and very little mud outside the usual swampy stuff. Wall, mojo, hemlock, pickle, splitrock, porcupine and rockadendron all good to go. Peepers singing and butterflies flipping about in the wind. :):):) Spring has finally found northern NJ.

Surprisingly very good conditions today at Waway. No snow and very little mud outside the usual swampy stuff. Wall, mojo, hemlock, pickle, splitrock, porcupine and rockadendron all good to go. Peepers singing and butterflies flipping about in the wind. :):):) Spring has finally found northern NJ.

yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been itching to get up there.

Any chance the thorns on the top of pines have retreated in the past week? It was 50 feet of slice and dice in there last weekend

It was tight and thorny yesterday on pines and tombstone. Maybe someone should bring some clippers with them next time and spend 15 minutes cutting back. :D

It was tight and thorny yesterday on pines and tombstone. Maybe someone should bring some clippers with them next time and spend 15 minutes cutting back. :D

That will only fix it for a few days, we need a permanant solution like a controlled burn or some mix of chemical spray

Any chance the thorns on the top of pines have retreated in the past week? It was 50 feet of slice and dice in there last weekend

got shredded today on pines. i mean shredded. looked like i was mauled by a mountain lion. bloody legs and arms, torn jersey, torn pants. i'd go so far to say that the top of pines is close to unrideable now, and the first 15 ft or so of tombstone might be even worse...

I noticed the same last time I was up up near Pines and TS. I thought we had a member trim that growth back. Seems like we need to get up there and do some trimming back. We have been out of state riding and racing. I will see if we can get a Black Bear member up there soon. Cheers.

I experienced the shredding on Pines and Tombstone as well a few weeks ago. Please post if there are any TM's planned, I will gladly help trim back if the schedule works.

I'm planning on heading out maybe today. want to trim Tombstone/Rattlesnake back and also the grass on Pumphouse bridges.

I'm planning on heading out maybe today. want to trim Tombstone/Rattlesnake back and also the grass on Pumphouse bridges.

Thanks for the trimming. Me and Woody did a loop of the BS course yesterday without a scratch to the arms. I did scratch my leg doing an uphill endo on Lookout:D

Anybody have any insight on conditions at Wawayanda?

I am staring out the window at sunshine and thinking about playing hooky this afternoon.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions