The Original BIYF 18/19

Date: 1/20
Ride Time: 1:26
Bonus: 0:20 monsoon
Total Time: 1:46

Enter Strava Link Here:

https://www.strava.com/activities/2092449333

Enter Pictures/Story Here:

When I opened the garage door, I noticed that it was warm and there was no snow on the ground. 11 seconds later the rain began pelting down. Turning north, I could feel the wind driving the rain into my face. Before today I had never tested my fourth best rain jacket in heavy rain and thought that I might have to turn back and change if it started to soak through.

About 1.5 miles north, the gutters were as full as I had ever seen them with last night’s two inches of rain pushed by another torrent.. A short while later, I made the mandatory Bishop Pickering Caddyshack joke to a couple running down the hill. Runners are so friendly.

I got a text from my son responding to my birthday greetings and my brother called me from D.C. 20 minutes later. The text could be seen on the Garmin, but I didn’t read it until I got to the latte shop in town, later. Three miles north the rain began to creep between my helmet cover and my Oakleys and blind me, so I hunched over a bit further and blinked to clear the rain.

When I get into the woods, I turn the lights off to conserve power. The slap band I was running wouldn’t respond to my touch to turn it off, probably due to the flood. The fire road was covered by an inch of slush, but very bony underneath. One set of tracks remained from last night.

FIRST TRAX IMG_20190120_111034-01.jpg

The ridge trails were moist, but with no standing water. Animal tracks from raccoon and deer littered the snow, there. An hour after I saddled up the rains stopped and the sun started to punch through. The jacket had held up well. It was such a great time today, just one of those singular memorable rides, that I treated myself to a latte, before finishing up.

LATTE IMG_20190120_120821-01.jpg

View attachment 86025

The ridge trails were moist, but with no standing water. Animal tracks from raccoon and deer littered the snow, there. An hour after I saddled up the rains stopped and the sun started to punch through. The jacket had held up well. It was such a great time today, just one of those singular memorable rides, that I treated myself to a latte, before finishing up.

View attachment 86026

Jiminy Christmas a novel for a 90 minute ride? An "it was a dark and stormy day" would have sufficed. ?

PS is that a fake crash pic?

Last edited:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2090147980

Date: 01/19/19
Time: 2 hrs 1 min 45 seconds
Fat bike ride. Photos in link.

Rode with my good bro/pal/bud Joe. We hit Hart, Huber, some gravel roads, Hudson water front and a little road for a nice solid 20 miles. Drank a nice craft beer from a can afterwards. Temp was perfect, I overdressed thinking a polar vortex was coming sooner.

Need to get out myself and be riding outdoors more.

Happy Sunday, everyone have a good week,
Jordon

1/21
1hr6min moving time
https://www.strava.com/activities/2093890465#kudos

first time on this magic snow (does that count for the bonus)

it was awesome looked like snow, felt like snow, rode like dirt :O i want more of this (could do with a bit less wind, but staying on the south side of the mtn took care of that nicely).

also magic ice was present, looked like ice but was NOT slippery like ice . . . :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom