The Original BIYF 18/19

Hey wait a minute, #1012 @stb222 was first. Zoom in on the 2nd pic - figures the guy that complained the most got it right off the bat by shit luck ?
Yardley train bridge to save the day, lol. Actually, both this pictures have bridges in them, the first one was taken from the Washington crossing bridge, but the light in the river at the furthest point is the scudder falls bridge construction. And all along you thought me dumb ?

so how do we know that bridges is what it was supposed to be all along and that @rick81721 didnt just pull it out of his ass when noone got it . . . ?

Let's review for @shrpshtr325 (perhaps dullshtr325 is a better name):

First line of the riddle - answer was this thread.
Second line - 6 squared - page 36
Third line - grouse, maestro of mouse - me (i.e. my post)
Fourth line - atlas of brougham - what would support a carraige:

IMG_20181231_120225_261.jpg

Then the clues:

My first ride:

IMG_20190107_115330_002.jpg

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

My ride yesterday with two "Bueller??" Pics:

IMG_20190108_104705_467.jpg

IMG_20190108_114606_864.jpg

A well done! when @JimN posted a pic of Jeff Bridges

Finally operation market garden - A bridge too far

Also, if anyone follows @Mountain Bike Mike on strava or instagram, his rides both monday and tuesday featured pics of bridges, which I kept commenting on.

Anywho, @w_b got it, and gets to wear the biyf genius hat! ?

Let's review for @shrpshtr325 (perhaps dullshtr325 is a better name):

First line of the riddle - answer was this thread.
Second line - 6 squared - page 36
Third line - grouse, maestro of mouse - me (i.e. my post)
Fourth line - atlas of brougham - what would support a carraige:

View attachment 84935

Then the clues:

My first ride:

View attachment 84936

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

My ride yesterday with two "Bueller??" Pics:

View attachment 84937

View attachment 84938

A well done! when @JimN posted a pic of Jeff Bridges

Finally operation market garden - A bridge too far

Also, if anyone follows @Mountain Bike Mike on strava or instagram, his rides both monday and tuesday featured pics of bridges, which I kept commenting on.

Anywho, @w_b got it, and gets to wear the biyf genius hat! ?

or am i just messing with you because its fun ;)

in all honesty i got the first line no problem, got 36 out of the second line, wasnt sure what it should be applied to tho . . . the third line i was finding singing xmas toys in my very brief search, and the 4th line i came up with a castle in england somewhere, maybe castles to moats to a bridge over the moat, but didnt get to bridge from it.

probably should have capitalized Atlas - cause thinking atlas.....as in map. mushrooms would have helped expand here.
my third line interpretation was wood, or log. specifically already fallen and hollow. overthink?

nice job Warren. or whomevs (did it again)

or am i just messing with you because its fun ;)

in all honesty i got the first line no problem, got 36 out of the second line, wasnt sure what it should be applied to tho . . . the third line i was finding singing xmas toys in my very brief search, and the 4th line i came up with a castle in england somewhere, maybe castles to moats to a bridge over the moat, but didnt get to bridge from it.

Yeah 3rd line was the most obscure. Used "grouse" as in complaint or grump. I called myself "maestro of mouse" somewhere in the toon thread.

first line was a no-brainer, but then again, i'm sensitive to that......
second line was easy, but post 36 is from @shrpshtr325 - who works at lakehurst NAS where some led balloon type event happened.
threw me way off. eventually recovered. went up in flames on #4 tho...

well done. gave me something to think about while riding the trainer. :p

Ah so you thought lead balloon was a clue, that that was def a dead end.

probably should have capitalized Atlas - cause thinking atlas.....as in map. mushrooms would have helped expand here.
my third line interpretation was wood, or log. specifically already fallen and hollow. overthink?

nice job Warren. or whomevs (did it again)

Interesting experiment but seems most competitors here weren't in the mood for a riddle. Maybe we should start a separate off topic thread where people submit or create riddles and see who can solve them for those who like (or like me, need) to exercise their noodle.

1/8
Ride Time: 73 minutes (14, 11, 48)
Bonus: Just in it now for tracking my winter riding time (if only I could ride like the elites...)
Total time 1h 13min

Strava Links:
Commute AM - https://www.strava.com/activities/2064187190
Commute PM - https://www.strava.com/activities/2065417350
Night ride - https://www.strava.com/activities/2065711834

Been a few days since my last ride; wedding obligations all last weekend and SO is sick with the flu so I've been careful not to overdo it and being the caretaker. No pictures, phone died during the night ride as I was trying take one. Commute has been twice as fast as driving due to all of the PSEG emergency work being done in our area resulting in surprise road closures (to cars, I slip by on the bike) on almost every route to work. Foggy commute home.

Decided I wasn't done riding yet and took the SS roadie out for a night spin in the neighborhood. It was warm enough for the roads to not freeze, but still found pockets of slush and slick sections hidden away on the sides of the roads less trafficed, making me a bit more cautious and opting for a more vehicle traveled route. Fog turned to mist toward the middle of the ride, but drivers were giving me plenty of space...Seems like the 8pm crowd aren't as anxious to get home as much as the 5pm ones. Grabbed an unintentional PR on Bradford Ave climb heading over toward Cedar Grove which was surprising but good motivation that my riding is doing something for me.

I found a website 6sqft.com; all about NYC; on it they talk of Feltman's hot dogs (not of Nathan's); there are pics of old Christmas cards with an antique brougham, as well as the dalmation balancing the taxi that I posted. They talk about Disney (maestro of mouse) moving their HQ to Hudson Square, and of course the lowly city grouse that are so prevalent pecking up everything in sight.

Man was I off track.

At one point I was thinking food truck/hot dog cart but not too many of them on the trails...
My suspicions were confirmed when @rick81721 gave @Mountain Bike Mike the Genius! award on Strava. I figgered his bro-heim supreme @stb222 was in on it at that point, but apparently not. I always enjoy both your dawn patrol pics.

at least you know I enjoyed it Rick.

I found a website 6sqft.com; all about NYC; on it they talk of Feltman's hot dogs (not of Nathan's); there are pics of old Christmas cards with an antique brougham, as well as the dalmation balancing the taxi that I posted. They talk about Disney (maestro of mouse) moving their HQ to Hudson Square, and of course the lowly city grouse that are so prevalent pecking up everything in sight.

Man was I off track.

At one point I was thinking food truck/hot dog cart but not too many of them on the trails...
My suspicions were confirmed when @rick81721 gave @Mountain Bike Mike the Genius! award on Strava. I figgered his bro-heim supreme @stb222 was in on it at that point, but apparently not. I always enjoy both your dawn patrol pics.

at least you know I enjoyed it Rick.
@Mountain Bike Mike had no idea there was a riddle, so it was just coincidence. I legit thought Rick went off the deep end making those comments on Mike's IG.

1/9

2:15

Strava: Mabry Carlton reserve - singletrack not so great

Hit the other trail system within easy riding distance - Mabry Carlton reserve. Wild pigs are really bad in here - really do a number on the trails. They try to trap them to little avail, they really need to open this place to hunting:

IMG_20190109_105026_247.jpg

Then I ran into this. Mini-riddle - what the heck was this thing? The motor says "GMC" so that's the make, but the frame is very narrow:

IMG_20190109_110907_820.jpg

20190109_110959.jpg

20190109_111034.jpg

Then ended up the trail riding at the Myakka river. Very big gators in here but didn't see any today:

IMG_20190109_113247_708.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom