The Original BIYF 18/19

rick81721

Lothar
I found a website 6sqft.com; all about NYC; on it they talk of Feltman's hot dogs (not of Nathan's); there are pics of old Christmas cards with an antique brougham, as well as the dalmation balancing the taxi that I posted. They talk about Disney (maestro of mouse) moving their HQ to Hudson Square, and of course the lowly city grouse that are so prevalent pecking up everything in sight.

Man was I off track.

At one point I was thinking food truck/hot dog cart but not too many of them on the trails...
My suspicions were confirmed when @rick81721 gave @Mountain Bike Mike the Genius! award on Strava. I figgered his bro-heim supreme @stb222 was in on it at that point, but apparently not. I always enjoy both your dawn patrol pics.

at least you know I enjoyed it Rick.

Haha so it was the mountain bike mike clues. I posted so many on strava/Instagram I thought sure @stb222 would get it - he gets the biyf dunce award - should give him a -1 hr bonus :p

PS for literary effect, each line had to internally rhyme

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1/9

2:25

Strava: Mabry Carlton reserve - singletrack not so great

Hit the other trail system within easy riding distance - Mabry Carlton reserve. Wild pigs are really bad in here - really do a number on the trails. They try to trap them to little avail, they really need to open this place to hunting:

View attachment 84943

Then I ran into this. Mini-riddle - what the heck was this thing? The motor says "GMC" so that's the make, but the frame is very narrow:

View attachment 84944

View attachment 84946

View attachment 84947

Then ended up the trail riding at the Myakka river. Very big gators in here but didn't see any today:

View attachment 84945

singletrack not so great: translation from @rick81721 speak. There was a puddle in the trail . . . . :rolleyes:o_O

teabagger11

2:32
Check out my ride on Strava: https://strava.app.link/tbrLhuKslT
28d827f7-70e4-feb7-0000-0168342db3fc

20190109_112026.jpg
20190109_092541.jpg

A ride to check out some trails and the amount of water on them some trails have water where they never had before tried clearing drainages removed a lot of branches and downed trees bonus found a deer antler and a bridge just because I think the riddle was about them? Pfft I had a bridge in my pic from last Saturday I was ahead of the curve and had no idea

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Date: 1/9
Time: 2:43
Bonus: Vacation!!
Total Time: ?? no clue what the vacation bonus time is...

https://www.strava.com/activities/2067944831

My bike and I made it to Florida!! Blue skies and 75 degrees!
I meeting some friends tomorrow to ride Santos, so I flew down early this morning to go check out Alafia State Park by myself. Several websites rave this place and the trails looked very interesting. By the time I flew down and arrived, drove to the park and assembled my bike I had about three hours to explore before the park closed. Right away I like the place because it is "bikes and horses only, no foot traffic". I could do without the horses but so be it. I only encountered one group of horses. The place had everything from flat curvy trails to man-made features to gap jumps the size of a bus. I rode every trail there except I bailed on Gravitron, ranking-wise the hardest trail. I would need a full-face helmet, pads and a raked out bike to attempt anything on it. The trail ratings had more to do with the steepness of the climbs/decents than technical ability. There was a heck of lot more climbing than expected in Florida. Lots of short punchy climbs. Super happy I did this side adventure and would definitely go back.

IMG_8817.jpg
IMG_8826.jpg
IMG_8824.jpg
IMG_8825.jpg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog

I meeting some friends tomorrow to ride Santos, so I flew down early this morning to go check out Alafia State Park by myself. Several websites rave this place and the trails looked very interesting. By the time I flew down and arrived, drove to the park and assembled my bike I had about three hours to explore before the park closed. Right away I like the place because it is "bikes and horses only, no foot traffic". I could do without the horses but so be it. I only encountered one group of horses. The place had everything from flat curvy trails to man-made features to gap jumps the size of a bus. I rode every trail there except I bailed on Gravitron, ranking-wise the hardest trail. I would need a full-face helmet, pads and a raked out bike to attempt anything on it. The trail ratings had more to do with the steepness of the climbs/decents than technical ability. There was a heck of lot more climbing than expected in Florida. Lots of short punchy climbs. Super happy I did this side adventure and would definitely go back.

View attachment 84974View attachment 84975View attachment 84976View attachment 84977
Nice photos. I’ve seen various videos of Alafia. On my list of places to check out.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Remember folks - bonus still in effect for mortals. Just need to ride to/by an idgebray and take a pic

they should be wood bridges. then the double meaning of grouse/maestro comes into play.

icpay ofyay idgebray obray

Johnny Utah

View attachment 84974View attachment 84975View attachment 84976View attachment 84977
20 minutes extra every vacation day you ride (up to five days).

That looks awesome BTW

Top Bottom