Breezy out there today. :-|

W

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Date: 1/9
Time: 2:43
Bonus: Vacation!!
Total Time: ?? no clue what the vacation bonus time is...

https://www.strava.com/activities/2067944831

My bike and I made it to Florida!! Blue skies and 75 degrees!
I meeting some friends tomorrow to ride Santos, so I flew down early this morning to go check out Alafia State Park by myself. Several websites rave this place and the trails looked very interesting. By the time I flew down and arrived, drove to the park and assembled my bike I had about three hours to explore before the park closed. Right away I like the place because it is "bikes and horses only, no foot traffic". I could do without the horses but so be it. I only encountered one group of horses. The place had everything from flat curvy trails to man-made features to gap jumps the size of a bus. I rode every trail there except I bailed on Gravitron, ranking-wise the hardest trail. I would need a full-face helmet, pads and a raked out bike to attempt anything on it. The trail ratings had more to do with the steepness of the climbs/decents than technical ability. There was a heck of lot more climbing than expected in Florida. Lots of short punchy climbs. Super happy I did this side adventure and would definitely go back.

View attachment 84974View attachment 84975View attachment 84976View attachment 84977

Florida ride - double points! Plus Alafia, I checked it out last winter - great park. I also wimped on gravitron ? There's another park close to Alafia called Balm Boyette I want to check out this winter. Maybe when @Johnny Utah does the multipark challenge I'll hit both.

PS Santos is huge, and awesome!

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Times have been updated as of this spot. Give it 5 minutes for the tally on page one to add up. @bigW welcome to Elite, you are the board leader!

Looks like the colder weather as well as the push into the non-holiday season is starting to separate the pack.

HISTORY BONUS IS DEAD - Bonus for 1/7 through 1/13 work on Rick's Riddle! If you made your bonus it has not yet been added as @rick81721 will provide me a list at the end of the week.

Keep this Format:
Date:
Ride Time:
Bonus:
Total Time:

Enter Strava Link Here:

Enter Pictures/Story Here

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
01/09/19 Ride 1
00:10:00
Bonus: nadda
Total Time: 00:10:00

https://www.strava.com/activities/2066366064
Commute. GPS fail. usually between 9 and 12 minutes, so taking 10.

01/09/19 Ride 2
00:11:59
Bonus: Nerp
Total Time: 00:11:59

https://www.strava.com/activities/2067673609
Commute from office to Penn.

01/09/19 Ride 3
00:58:43
Bonus: Dark 00:20:00 and riddle 01:00:00
Total Time 02:18:43

https://www.strava.com/activities/2067955033

Usual nighttime route, thru Drew, to the Traction Line to Morristown and back on the paths thru Loantaka Brook reservation. Very limited cars FTW. The light I use on the bars died, so I only have the one mounted on my helmet, which is fine for rides like this.

Bridge over NJTranShit train tracks.
626DF144-99F0-4190-BBD2-4F241309A400.jpeg

Bridge over troubled waters.
C8D12E6A-F024-421A-A960-F1B9A80D0593.jpeg

Bride to another dimension o_O
C0343913-EF2D-4FB7-A9DD-2C85FBB36C0F.jpeg

Ok, so it’s a gate. But where dafuq does it go?

Total time for 01/09/19 02:40:42

thegock

@rick81721

My guess is zwift has a default Mars setting

Did you get a wax? That might be the next bonus ?

I don't know, that bike looks pretty muddy..

Ok hey, hi! Happy Feast of the Epiphany. Of course, because I worship Beelzebub, I celebrated the holiday at the Lunch Box in town (B1G1)

Time to dial back #thehater Trolling Meter on 2019. I've gotten a few comments about you recently and yet another one this morning. (“it’s a real cool club on the other side of town…”) I'll also be honest, I had blocked you for a while because I thought your toon of my avatar did nothing but cause more negativity.

thegockricktoon.jpg

I admit the actual admin job on the BIYF thread brought me back; cuz like actually contributes to the community?!?

Butt this wack shit needs to stop. At this point, 1/3 of the people who beat their meat to a pulp use Zwift and that number is only going to go up. You may or may not like it, and that's fine. Just wait until I post that picture of the time my wife turned the lights off in the basement while I was riding, cuz she didn’t know I was down there. That was some epic shit, yo. Wait until you see the pictures. Butt time to lose the passive aggressive nonsense. If you want to start an OOW (Out Of Weed) thread and contain it there, go for it. Butt, you're just dropping a dookie in my wife’s banana blueberry muffins now.

Maybe make it a new year's resolution.

NORD SKATE  IMG_20181201_111246992_TOP.jpg

JK, rick.

rick81721

Lothar
1/10

2:32

Strava: 40s start to draw bridges

First Bob ride of 2019. Cold front came thru, so only 47 when we started. Had to break out the leggings and long-sleeve jersey. First stop was at the coolest bridge anyone is going to submit for this week's bridge challenge: a draw bridge to Casey Key that first rises up about 6 inches, then rotates 90 degrees, then slides to the side to let boats through.

IMG_20190110_100505_362.jpg

Stopped at the beach for a selfie-pic:

IMG_20190110_103236_970.jpg

Bonus - after checking the water temp (felt pretty warm), found a nice piece of pink coral. Stuffed it in my jersey back pocket and fortunately it didn't rip through on the way home.

20190110_120942.jpg

We got stuck at another draw bridge exiting the key:

IMG_20190110_104053_665.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
@rick81721

My guess is zwift has a default Mars setting

Did you get a wax? That might be the next bonus ?

I don't know, that bike looks pretty muddy..

Ok hey, hi! Happy Feast of the Epiphany. Of course, because I worship Beelzebub, I celebrated the holiday at the Lunch Box in town (B1G1)

Time to dial back #thehater Trolling Meter on 2019. I've gotten a few comments about you recently and yet another one this morning. (“it’s a real cool club on the other side of town…”) I'll also be honest, I had blocked you for a while because I thought your toon of my avatar did nothing but cause more negativity.

View attachment 85006

I admit the actual admin job on the BIYF thread brought me back; cuz like actually contributes to the community?!?

Butt this wack shit needs to stop. At this point, 1/3 of the people who beat their meat to a pulp use Zwift and that number is only going to go up. You may or may not like it, and that's fine. Just wait until I post that picture of the time my wife turned the lights off in the basement while I was riding, cuz she didn’t know I was down there. That was some epic shit, yo. Wait until you see the pictures. Butt time to lose the passive aggressive nonsense. If you want to start an OOW (Out Of Weed) thread and contain it there, go for it. Butt, you're just dropping a dookie in my wife’s banana blueberry muffins now.

Maybe make it a new year's resolution.

View attachment 85007

JK, rick.

Hilarious and well done!

PS I don't do resolutions

Top Bottom