The Original BIYF 18/19

3/15
Ride 2:24
Bonus 0
Total 2:24

https://www.strava.com/activities/2215660856
IMG_1678.JPG

It was so nice out!!! Just my regular commute home. Forgot my tunes and my K-edge Garmin mount broke, but I didn't care because it was so nice out that it didn't matter.

Date: 3/15
Ride Time: 2:39
Bonus: had a waffle to celebrate Ides
Total Time: 2:39

Enter Strava Link Here: GOOD FLOW

Enter Pictures/Story Here:

The last two Fridays I rode here:

FREE UTAH IMG_20190315_122353-01.jpg

On those rides, IYR, the Big Guy and the Grasshopper biffed. Both are still hors d' combat. So, I drove down and saw @Hot Action in the Hospital Rd. lot.

Rode out to High Voltage and ripped it til I washed out and slammed the right pinky that I probably broke Thursday. Back thru the fireroad above the Hog Bog and the peepers were out in 18,888 force (on your indoor rides, you can download an audio file and multitrack it for the same effect.)

Back to the truck, refill bottles, then six more miles followed by a Mountain Dew at one of my favorite delis:

ALEN WOOD IMG_20190315_152602-01.jpg

At this point, after 12.5 miles, I had seen one rider roll by while I was in the woods watering the plants. I doubt she saw me when she passed my bike on the fireroad.

Unencumbered by my apparently suicidal riding buddies, I was having a good workout and wanted more. Rode about seven more miles with some good spinups and rips. Paused to rehydrate before the last 2.8 miles here:

DOCK SHOT IMG_20190315_155940-01.jpg

Collected three litters highlighted by:

MSTR BRAU IMG_20190315_175909-01.jpg

Drank beer while Mrs. G did landscaping and informed my that I was a dolt for not knowing that Cymbaline was a "minor play." Hey, I have a full time job as a terrorist and no money for clothes and no time to read books.

3/14
2:09
Lights +0:20
2:29 Total

Improvement

I'm really in need of a different spin, out my door, that minimizes risk on my evening loops. Something Elite-ish. Not something that looks like the Korean alphabet on Strava. Didn't find it here, but the conditions on the towpath have improved considerably since last weekend and it is clear from Landing Lane to Zarephath. 4/4. Much solace was had.

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

Had that nice milk stout my boss brought me back from Tree House after the ride. Highlight of the ride. Dee forkin lishus....

3/15
1:32
Bonus: Bob found $5 on the trail and bought me kawfee after the ride
1:32 Total

This Was Fun

I woke up early and knocked out the urgent stuff so I could sneak out for a quick trail ride with @knobbyhead . Ok, quick is a relative word at Hartshorne. Bob almost ran over Honest Abe as we were climbing up to hit the top of the Party Trail. THAT's a bobby-dazzler; a real top-pocket find.

Always nice to get a ride in in daylight, it was a beautiful day out there. Knobby made sure to hit every climb from the bottom, all the way to the top. No skimping here. Was nice chillin' for a few after at the Roaster place on the HHT, then home and back to work with an improved outlook.

3/16

1:34

Strava rainy morning

Change of pace today - cloudy and light rain. Trying to wind down after a long week but want to get a few more rides in through Monday - friends from Chicago are coming to visit - next week I'll miss 3 days riding. But my legs need a break - will try to get a run in and 2 rest days, then the final push thru the end of the month.

A little excitement today as I headed west on Moon road - heard something big crashing thru the forest/jungle - too big to be pigs, small trees were moving. A bear? Mokele Mbembe?? Turned out to be cows

IMG_20190316_110630_874.jpg

20190316_110655.jpg

#freeutah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom