The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

Does the speed you are going on Zwift have anything to do with reality? Even after re-calibrating my trainer, my Zwift speed and distance are about 30% less than what my Garmin shows.

Your Garmin should show 0, since you're not really moving.

how come everyones indoor speed is super fast? i mean, the 20mph average speeds to me were always "omg you're going fast outside", but almost everyones zwift rides are at 20mph. mine seeeeeeem to be more in line with what my efforts are, am i doing something wrong?

how come everyones indoor speed is super fast? i mean, the 20mph average speeds to me were always "omg you're going fast outside", but almost everyones zwift rides are at 20mph. mine seeeeeeem to be more in line with what my efforts are, am i doing something wrong?

Lack of wind resistance. Duh.

Does anyone have the Wahoo desk or a knockoff and have a long term opinion?

I'm debating getting one, the cost isn't bad on the knockoffs, my concern is mostly storage in our small place. What I'm looking for is it really effective to get work done while doing a Z1/Z2 ride? I'm talking laptop usage.

@Norm

Lack of wind resistance. Duh.

smart trainer is supposed to adjust for it??? although "k" in any position is probably more than what they estimate.
who rides in the drops on a trainer? (can-o-worms)

Does anyone have the Wahoo desk or a knockoff and have a long term opinion?

I'm debating getting one, the cost isn't bad on the knockoffs, my concern is mostly storage in our small place. What I'm looking for is it really effective to get work done while doing a Z1/Z2 ride? I'm talking laptop usage.

@Norm

Yes 100% usable. Totally worth it unless you want to move it up & down a lot. That’s the weak point of the one I got.

Perfect pavement, no stop signs, riding in drops, likely catching drafts for part of the ride unless riding the tri bike. I still think it's a couple of mph too fast and I ride the steel bike (for the smooth ride), but close enough. If your setup gets you closer to reality, just assume the guy slowly passing you on a climb is about equal in reality.

they should have weather in zwift world. like, i want it to suddenly start raining on me. did they come out with that feature yet?

flight sim had that - random weather, programmed weather, or the actual weather at the current time...

is this like train simulator?
I+have+made+a+huge+mistake_9e63cb_5212398.gif

Back
Top Bottom