The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Anyone be swifting with a dumb trainer and a power meter only? Always think about having both setup for date night, but on my road bike i only have crank arm power and no speed/sensors. Sounds like I would need a speed sensor at least?

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone be swifting with a dumb trainer and a power meter only? Always think about having both setup for date night, but on my road bike i only have crank arm power and no speed/sensors. Sounds like I would need a speed sensor at least?
Nah, you're fine. I've been using my Stages and a Cycleops The Silencer for two years now. The watts and your input weight take care of the speed, and the Stages does cadence. Zwift functions as the speed sensor, in a way. Add an HRM and you're good to go.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

PM should suffice. I did that before the Kickr.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
so zwift maths to figure out the speed, interesting. good to know that is an option, i was going to sell the dumb trainer for like $5 but seems to be worth more than that no

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so zwift maths to figure out the speed, interesting. good to know that is an option, i was going to sell the dumb trainer for like $5 but seems to be worth more than that no

Power + weight is all you really need.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I has PowerTap hub with Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. Cadence sensor/HRM also, but that's not necessary. Before the PowerTap I was using "virtual power" which uses the trainers resistance curve, with speed sensor, plus your weight to calculate power.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
it's been like seattle the last 3 days here, non stop 40's and rain....

anyone trying to do some swift raisin tonight?

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
one of these 2. 6:45 fast group ride or 7:15 Central Park reverse
Screenshot_20181114-134806.png
Screenshot_20181114-160242.png
race

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
hmm 715 is probably too close to bath time, the 9pm one will work unless we havin burritos or something that will make me puke

had barbacoa burrito for lunch do

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Not sure why or how i got dropped on lap 4 of 6, but unless a huge effort got thrown down that i missed, i can’t figure it out, ‘‘twas a good workout doe. Got to e-pedal with @Delish wish was fun.

Top Bottom