The Heckle Report

Two podiums, one day. SICK.

(dude, I hope you have some picture to share, such a good setup with a high energy group!)
I'll try to dig one up - I didn't think to take any myself, but I'm sure ONE of my relatives has to have a good one. The barn-side setup was perfect.

May be the worse race I've been to with USAC. They also pulled Tim when he wasn't passed. Complete bullshit.
Wasn't the happiest about that whole situation, but whatever. Sad to hear they did it to other people too.

YOU MEAN MY PINK SS!

How about the depth of that sky? And that color that burns itself into camera sensors?? Thanks for the shot @rsinger814 !
View attachment 42650

PINK SS - I like the subtle pink accents...

As I sit here and digest the styling of this bike, I'm relieved as I thought the overindulgence of pink would leave me nauseous with a bad taste in my mouth. Well done!

Cheers!
Liquid_Hand_v3_zpsndwzc98f.jpg

Could use a few more pink accents to tie in the pink a little more

12859F18-8A0E-4C27-AEF6-09996D0BBDB4_zpssfq3er9h.jpg

DB96FCEA-EF0B-47C9-9E83-0AEF88F61AE9_zpsghibjpym.jpg

MARTYCROSS 1/2/3 - SS 2016
So happy I made it to Martycross this year! The plan was otherwise until Tuesday, happy it changed, TRULY.

Missed you at Whirly - the weather was so nasty that I bounced after watching 2 laps of the women's race in the morning.

Stoked that you made it to Martycross though. Little bummed it was only 1 day this year but totally love what they did with the course layout. They somehow made it even tougher! It was fantastic. Hill of death was in great shape this year - traction in spades - legs and lungs not so much.

Saw the 1/2/3 - and made sure to heckle some. MBruno definitely got a bad break with the tape on the hill. Homie ran to the pits and got back out there - gotta give respect for that - I would have straight said goodnight after getting tangled up like that.

You were making good work of the barriers but like you said - the gap to 1&2 just stayed the same the last half of the race. Bill really nailed that finish - I wasn't sure he was going to be able to catch Szymon after he went down on the hard right hander in the back field (any idea what happened there?)

Rad to see you racing in NJ and congrats on the Podiums.

Great fucking job in the 1/2/3 race Matt. I had to bounce with about 3 to go and go pick up my son in Edison from a friends house. Thanks for the verbal encouragement and ass slap during my race. Bummed I didn't get to see the Pink Nightmare in action. Did you like the beach chair heckle? That's about the time I left...

Great fucking job in the 1/2/3 race Matt. I had to bounce with about 3 to go and go pick up my son in Edison from a friends house. Thanks for the verbal encouragement and ass slap during my race. Bummed I didn't get to see the Pink Nightmare in action. Did you like the beach chair heckle? That's about the time I left...
Wanted to take a seat pretty bad at that point

Apparently I was pulled at Westwood last year even though I did not get lapped and nobody said that it's over... so I did another lap. Kinda frustrating not getting scored. I packed and booked straight home. Down with the USAC!

not to play devils advocate but just because you do not get lapped doesnt mean you shouldn't be pulled; i think they mostly do this to keep the event on schedule

not to play devils advocate but just because you do not get lapped doesnt mean you shouldn't be pulled; i think they mostly do this to keep the event on schedule
And that makes sense. But it wasn't a time issue when Tim got pulled. There would have still been plenty of time before the next race even started for him to finish.

Personally I think they should have a bit more wiggle room with Cat5 Men or Cat4 Women. You're going to get a lot of beginners out that are out there getting pulled and that's not promoting future racers.

I'm sure there's plenty of people that wanted to give racing a try, woke up at some horrible hour to drive to these races, did the hardest thing they've done on a bike and get pulled and all they have to show for it is @Lap and never come back.

Great racing this weekend! Siren Records was worth the stop for sure! Spent plenty of monies there. Tacos were pretty good and the waffle with ice cream with worth the trip alone.

HPCX WEEKEND PRE-VIEW
Woowee, do we have an action packed weekend on deck!

SATURDAY IS THE MTBNJ TENT PARTY, Thompson Park in Jamesburg NJ, be there. All day affair as I understand. It's so big this year that they decided to put on a bike race at the same time. Bring some tasty beverages and delicious snaxxx.

RACE PREDICTOR!
This field really filled out the last couple days.
upload_2016-10-28_7-43-14.png

upload_2016-10-28_7-43-45.png

...of 49 entries.

And Sunday
upload_2016-10-28_7-44-59.png

upload_2016-10-28_7-45-25.png

...of 48 entries.

Looks like all of the fast people are showing up with a smaller scrub zone than I've been getting used to. Goals? 30's? Beat my prediction? Hold on for dear fucking life.

OTHER NEWS
I left my team shell in Gloucester, promoter doesn't have it. Looking like it's gone forever, pretty damn bummed about that one.

Birthday is Sunday, had my b-day dinner last night with Maureen. Half-price sushi at East in Berkeley Heights. Place has been on point. Love me some 1/2 priced raw fish.

Rode my bike in the rain last night. Got my skills in, got pretty soaked. So soaked I pulled my crank and opened up the stages to dry. Got to bask in the glory of training embro for hours after.
https://www.strava.com/activities/757859079

Will be around Most of Saturday morning 7am to 12pm or so. Will be there Sunday to heckle though! Will have megaphone and vuvuzela... Do you prefer DunkinDonut Munchkin or Fig Newton handups? Racing the 3/4 race right after you....

Will be around Most of Saturday morning 7am to 12pm or so. Will be there Sunday to heckle though! Will have megaphone and vuvuzela... Do you prefer DunkinDonut Munchkin or Fig Newton handups? Racing the 3/4 race right after you....
munchkins, tho I'm not fun and probably wont be taking anything mid race.

@The Heckler - stupid question, ever wonder how you'd fair if you just said fuck it and tried to see how hard you could go? Just go balls out from the whistle and just keep pushing until you either finish the race or die?
2nd on @Delish's response. Matt's pretty much in the death-zone the whole race. Are you thinking mebbe to try to hit ONE lap at top-end pro pace and then find out how long it takes for you to burn up in re-entry? Aside from the likelihood of blowing a corner and stacking 'cause you're blind with pain, it might be fun, but hoo, boy if you f*ck that up and take Adam Craig out? Also, tough to do from the 8th row :)

Back
Top Bottom