The Heckle Report

Good report. Wood read again. Top 10s in the MAC B's is solid work. Good luck at Glosstah.

I read Pearl's, Norm's and your recap. I must say, Pearl's made me not want to try Cross racing, Norm's made me think I was too skinny and fit to try Cross racing. Your report made me think, I need to eat more pizza, buffalo chicken salad & chipwiches and grow a cross beard while trying cross... oh and use the word jawn more often. I watched the "ride the jawn" blog recap and watched that video, Cross is way more intense that I expected.

Great recap and nice job on the finish!

I read Pearl's, Norm's and your recap. I must say, Pearl's made me not want to try Cross racing, Norm's made me think I was too skinny and fit to try Cross racing. Your report made me think, I need to eat more pizza, buffalo chicken salad & chipwiches and grow a cross beard while trying cross... oh and use the word jawn more often. I watched the "ride the jawn" blog recap and watched that video, Cross is way more intense that I expected.

MTB Mike when are we gonna get you out for a CX practice!??!

remember that the recap of the actual race is around 45 minutes. reading the recap always sounds painful. the whole day is an awesome experience. it is very intense, which is something you normally dont find in mountain bike racing.

find one that is close to you; a practice is a great place to prep yourself for a first race, jump in!

MTB Mike when are we gonna get you out for a CX practice!??!

Man, I am falling behind on my cross commitment... I have these other obligations that seem to suck the life out me.. (Cough - Wife & Kids)... We signed up 2 out of my 3 kids for fall baseball and this shit is taking up sooooooo much time. I am only riding my cross bike to work one day a week lately. I said I would do 2 - 3 cross races this year and I am trying to figure that out.. I want to do Jamesburg and Neshamany and I may end up doing it blind / no prep.

I hope to get out there when I can. I suck more now...

Man, I am falling behind on my cross commitment... I have these other obligations that seem to suck the life out me.. (Cough - Wife & Kids)... We signed up 2 out of my 3 kids for fall baseball and this shit is taking up sooooooo much time. I am only riding my cross bike to work one day a week lately. I said I would do 2 - 3 cross races this year and I am trying to figure that out.. I want to do Jamesburg and Neshamany and I may end up doing it blind / no prep.

If you want to support the site, do this one, and register now:
https://www.bikereg.com/cxmeur

Norm's made me think I was too skinny and fit to try Cross racing.!

Cross is made for people with kids as in early start times and your race is short. You can be home by 10:30 if your race is close enough. You don't have to make it a day like these peeps.

Also, Is this your way of saying Norm is fat and non-fit?

Last edited:
Cross is made for people with kids as in early start times and your race is short. You can be home by 10:30 if your race is close enough. You don't have to make it a day like these peeps.

Also, Is this your way of saying Norm is fat and non-fit?

The early start and the fact that Jamesburg and Bensalem are close to home - That is exactly how I am selling this to the Wife tonight...

Norm - fat and non-fit... Not a chance... I don't even know the guy.. I just liked his comment about runway models.

CX...the Gateway drug.

Race 1 is the gateway drug to a full blown CX addiction.

Speaking of... I just replaced my asian made steel frame with an American made steel frame.

Guys... I may have actually satisfied my bike needs for once!

Though I still will upgrade the cross group post season, and I want to build a winter road wheelset. And I will need a new 11 speed pit wheel for next year.

Back
Top Bottom