The DIY thread - DIYourself

Cut a slot in the bottom of the cabinet , I should have told you to run all your lines to a box in the basement and mount the transformer there not in a cab . It's a lot easier that way . We just use a fine tool and cut a slot in the cab that ligting strip is 1:2 by 1/8 maybe ?

Reactions: rlb
I think I'm just going to stick the power supply in the base corner cabinet. I can fish the wire up to the upper right above it, and have access to the basement if needed or just run the low voltage wire in/behind/through the base cabinets and up through the drywall when needed.
My basement is a travesty under the kitchen, there is so much going on down there that I don't want to add any more crap.
It's so tempting to just cut corners and use the romex for the low voltage, but mixing the low voltage wire and the romex is just a bad idea.

Ordered a new stove and range hood just now. Procrastination pays off. It's $800 cheaper than when I was looking in January. bought a 10% off lowes coupon on ebay for $1.79 and saved $268
Pick up location set to Paterson to save 3% on sales tax.
887276032047.jpg
887276182988.jpg

I think I'm just going to stick the power supply in the base corner cabinet. I can fish the wire up to the upper right above it, and have access to the basement if needed or just run the low voltage wire in/behind/through the base cabinets and up through the drywall when needed.
My basement is a travesty under the kitchen, there is so much going on down there that I don't want to add any more crap.
It's so tempting to just cut corners and use the romex for the low voltage, but mixing the low voltage wire and the romex is just a bad idea.

Ordered a new stove and range hood just now. Procrastination pays off. It's $800 cheaper than when I was looking in January. bought a 10% off lowes coupon on ebay for $1.79 and saved $268
Pick up location set to Paterson to save 3% on sales tax.
887276032047.jpg
887276182988.jpg
Good luck with the Samsung, but I usually steer away from ovens with computer. Our last house had a fancy Thermador oven and it was nothing but trouble, once it stopped working in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner and another time it lock the over door with my roast inside. I ended up having to trip the circuit to set the oven. My current setup is a 20 yo GE, which works fine and I've never had problems with it.

Good luck with the Samsung, but I usually steer away from ovens with computer. Our last house had a fancy Thermador oven and it was nothing but trouble, once it stopped working in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner and another time it lock the over door with my roast inside. I ended up having to trip the circuit to set the oven. My current setup is a 20 yo GE, which works fine and I've never had problems with it.
how do you not have a wolf with the red knobs?
I can build my own circuitry to control the oven if the electronics ever go out. The only way to get an oven with manual controls is to spend $5k+

someone turned my oven control knob past the stop - i haven't even attempted a repair yet.
maybe i'll do that today.

@gtluke what is that end panel for? sitting against the foremost cabinet.

Looking good! Family pic makes :):)

@gtluke what is that end panel for? sitting against the cabinet in the foremost cabinet.

Looking good! Family pic makes :):)
That goes on later, but it covers the bare plywood for this picture. I think it goes on the end of the peninsula but it seems a bit tall. Maybe it goes on the side of the closet thing. I like this game of figuring out what goes where in a sea of cardboard and wood.

Almost looks like a kitchen. Island/peninsula not in yet, nor the stuff around the fridge.
Getting the new stove soon. Then I have to decide on a fucking refrigerator, which seems like the worst thing in the world to buy. They are all expensive and pieces of shit.
i-VF4SC9C-X2.jpg

I can personally vouch that Samsungs with the bottom freezer suck, so damn tired with defrosting the fridge every few months, what is this 1960?

back panel, it's a known design flaw for many side by sides especially ones with a bottom freezer

what happens is the condensation drain gets clogged with ice due to the vicinity to the freezer. The is a heating element to prevent this but functionally does not work well. I've even tried the dangling copper conduit from the heating element into the drain but it's not effective on the long run. I now need to defrost twice a year instead of 4. Also keep the freezer not too cold.

Almost looks like a kitchen. Island/peninsula not in yet, nor the stuff around the fridge.
Getting the new stove soon. Then I have to decide on a fucking refrigerator, which seems like the worst thing in the world to buy. They are all expensive and pieces of shit.
i-VF4SC9C-X2.jpg
Stay away from Samsung , I have had my fridge repaired 3 times in 4 months . It died 3 days before thanksgiving and I had 15 people over . Shitty company shitty product . I have a French door counter depth unit .

Stay away from Samsung , I have had my fridge repaired 3 times in 4 months . It died 3 days before thanksgiving and I had 15 people over . Shitty company shitty product . I have a French door counter depth unit .
Yeah definitely staying away from the samsung fridge, seems to have a lot of problems. The samsung stove was cheap enough that I won't die if it has problems.
Leaning maybe towards a GE profile or monogram fridge. My uncle just got a built in monogram which is entirely different than the free standing monogram, and holy crap is the built in nice. no plastic on the inside, everything is metal and glass. But it costs as much as a car.

Yeah definitely staying away from the samsung fridge, seems to have a lot of problems. The samsung stove was cheap enough that I won't die if it has problems.
Leaning maybe towards a GE profile or monogram fridge. My uncle just got a built in monogram which is entirely different than the free standing monogram, and holy crap is the built in nice. no plastic on the inside, everything is metal and glass. But it costs as much as a car.
What day works for you ? Fri / sat ?

That will work for me I will be there at 9
Do I need anything special ? What needs to be done ? You have saws there with good blades ?

Mostly inspection on what I've done so far so I can be confident the counters will be ordered right and that I don't have to change anything. I haven't screwed down the base cabs yet
And instructions on the crown molding

I've got a good chopsaw with whatever blade it came with and a crappy table saw with a new fine blade.

Back
Top Bottom