The DIY thread - DIYourself

My last house was a raised ranch. It had base board heat and central air was added in the attic (upstairs ceiling). That was a great combination. Cool air was dropping and hot air was rising. And it wasn't dry heat.

Current house has FHA and central air in same system/same vents. Can never get the whole house happy. Sucks! I just have no intention of making a big investment in this house at this stage of life.

Yup. Best setup. Ac should come from the ceiling. Heat from the floor.

does anyone know if sink top toilets are allowed here in NJ? They use them in EU and Asia and saves space in a tight powder room.

Tokyo-Bathroom-Sink_thumb.jpg
I have been through most of Western Europe and some of the Eastern one, as well as a few Asian countries, but I've never seen anything like that. Wait, is it a way to force you washing your hands in order to be able and flush? If so then I approve of it!:thumbsup:

I have been through most of Western Europe and some of the Eastern one, as well as a few Asian countries, but I've never seen anything like that. Wait, is it a way to force you washing your hands in order to be able and flush? If so then I approve of it!:thumbsup:
Gray water. Better to use the water from washing your hands to flush the toilet than to use toilet water for your hands.

Can you wash your butt on that thing?
no, you should know all Asians now use the butt cleaning toilet seats. Every hotel I stayed in Japan had them, even the capsule hotels. I could not read the instructions so opted not the try. Last thing I needed was an unexpected probe. Them folks there tend to be kinky, so I wasn't going to take a chance...

I guess the could be new water from the combining of H and O, or as a result of some other chemical reaction ie a fuel cell?

I stand corrected!

One layer down. I suck at fitting drywall perfect so my first coat (and tape) was with brown bag durabond. Next coat will be white bag 90 min. Then the blue top stuff after that. I have a bunch of butt joints, not the factory ones. (not in picture). This is going to suck.

i-84s4Zz5-X2.jpg

One layer down. I suck at fitting drywall perfect so my first coat (and tape) was with brown bag durabond. Next coat will be white bag 90 min. Then the blue top stuff after that. I have a bunch of butt joints, not the factory ones. (not in picture). This is going to suck.

i-84s4Zz5-X2.jpg
I have a dustless sanding system if you need to borrow it . Makes it so anyone can be a pro drywall finisher , I don't need it for the next 2 weeks .

I would find out if it's been ANSI certified , I asked the plumber today and his response was
" why the fuck would you want that"
go to enough hotels in the UK or Asia and you'll understand
the three most expensive cities per square foot avg
1) Hong Kong $11K
2) Tokyo $8K
3) London $5K

you did not read that wrong, an average 500 sf apt in HK goes for over 5M, my brother lives there now and had to go to Tokyo to buy a house

also try to retrofit a powder room on the first floor in an old house

55553c81a31273e690c01431dae7415e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom