The Big [IPA] Dance..... The "2nd Annual" IPA Tourney!!!!!

WT- Thanks for hosting the games.
Great job putting together a solid bracket.

In for the doubles.

In for the doubles.

Thinking even smaller field (saw participation wane so do t want to drag this out). Some contenders....

- Six point hi res
- firestone double jack
- troegs perpetual
- victory dirt wolf
- maybe sub in stone enjoy by (don't know if this is seasonal/available/widely distributed)

All widely available I believe?!

All highly rated (will check)?

Thoughts?

WT,

Good list. Enjoy by comes out every few months. Just had one come out (4-20-14), not sure if it's still around anywhere.

I would say Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is a pretty good contender. Also the Oskar Blues G'Night and Gubna are possibilities. :hmmm:

If someone could make a VT run and bring a supply of Heady Topper that would do it. :D

Tim

Stone ruination would do well to if enjoy by is not available

we stick purely to india pale ale or could we go imperial? if so southern tier 2x would be a good pick.

i couldn't keep up that last round, so if anyone wants to get in on splitting 6's lemme know.

I vote yes. I thought an imperial pale ale was the same as a double.
Southern Tier 2x is awesome

Green flash palate wrecker is a good one. Their west coast did well .

You have a nice potential group there.
An option to include some less available beers would be to pick up a case or so and distribute at an IPA group ride.

A buddy of mine in PA has had beer co-ops at all of his jobs.
Show up with a case of something, go home with a case of 12 different beers.
Could work like that. Let the shelves determine the bracket to a degree.

Wt many thanks for doing this! We should define a double. While I love hi res it's like11% so I'm thinking should be in a class of its own with other 10%+ and another challenge down the road:). Doubles to me are 8-10%

My thoughts on a lineup:

Double jack
Mad Hatter double
Limbo (think this should be considered a double)
2x IPA
Six Point Resin
90 minute
471 IPA
Perpetual

Back
Top Bottom