The Big [IPA] Dance..... The "2nd Annual" IPA Tourney!!!!!

Back at you Pat.

Firestone vs Green Flash

Both good but I have 2 votes for Green Flash.

Tim

I must have gotten a bad 4 pack. The west coast I had was awful

Flower Power vs. Sculpin

This was a tough choice. Both are superb. Half way through the battle I added some spicy food to the mix and the glasses warmed up a bit. The FP held a slight edge throughout for me. 1 vote for Flower Power.

Flower Power Vs Sculpin

Did this one with some friends.

2 votes for FP one for Sculpin

Tim

Firestone v West Coast
Photo_zps5fb2ce42.jpg

Wasn't crazy about either.
1 vote for Firestone, because was dry and bitter like British humor.

Ballast v Ithaca
Photo_zps67472ff3.jpg

This one was real close.
Both excellent brews.
1 vote Sculpin, 1 vote Flower power.

The FINALS are set!!!!!

Ithaca Flower Power beat Ballast Point Sculpin in the UPSET! 10-6

Firestone Walker Union Jack beat Green Flash West Coast in a nail biter 7-6

FINALS:

Ithaca Flower Power

v.

Firestone Walker Union Jack

Similar to the NCAAs two lower seeds meet in the Championship. The #3 takes on the #5 seed.

Last edited:
i've instructed my Dad to procure the combatants.
Trying not to pre-judge, but.......

this was surprisingly easy. Union Jack just has more umph imho. +1 for Firestone brewery.

Now I have 10 of these to finish......

Not even close in my house. 2 votes for Flower Power. The smell alone would win it here. :drooling:

Tim

uploadfromtaptalk1397299414336.jpg

I had no problem finding or buying fresh six packs for both. I love both of theses brews.

I did the blind taste test. They're both great beers, both start with lots of citrus and floral notes. But the one on the right had more malty flavor to follow.

I have to admit as soon as my wife put them in front of me i was pretty sure which was which.

+1 for Firestone.

Last night after an intense wheel building session with MontclaireBobbyB, we sampled these two finalists.

Without much hesitation, Bobby declared Flower Power the winner for him. I needed much more time to let the beers approach room temperature and debate the subtle differences between them. I really liked both. The Union Jack has more malt balance and the FP is a bit more in your face hoppy.

In the end... it was 2 votes for Flower Power.

Then we celebrated our decision with a Heady Topper. :D

Now I'll have to find some Limbo and match it with FP.

And bring on the doubles!

Wonderturtle,

Great job! This was a blast.

I'm glad I picked FP for my Jersey. :D

picture.php

For the doubles I would meak a suggestion that we not limit the contest to widely available brews. The limited stuff is too good to exclude (i.e. Enjoy by, Heady Topper, etc.). Not sure how we make it work but just my $0.02.

Tim

For the doubles I would meak a suggestion that we not limit the contest to widely available brews. The limited stuff is too good to exclude (i.e. Enjoy by, Heady Topper, etc.). Not sure how we make it work but just my $0.02.

Tim

The only problem with that is that participation plummeted off a cliff when people couldn't find the beers.

Back
Top Bottom