The Amusement Bike Park

Went to an Iron Maiden concert in Florence in 1980 or early 1981. I was 14, how I got my parents to let me go I have no idea. The face on my father when he let me at the venue entrance was priceless...

P.S. Looked that up, it was 10/28/1981, so I was almost 15...

Last edited:
Blog: Larry Crowne is a solid Tom Hanks movie. If you disagree, you're wrong. End blog.

Should I ditch the 2x 9 and just run 1x? Is 11-36 enough back there? I suppose it'll make me stronger

Went to an Iron Maiden concert in Florence in 1980 or early 1981. I was 14, how I got my parents to let me go I have no idea. The face on my father when he let me at the venue entrance was priceless...

P.S. Looked that up, it was 10/28/1981, so I was almost 15...

I'm going to see Maiden in July!!!!! First time too. Legacy Of The Beast Tour U.S Tour.

Should I ditch the 2x 9 and just run 1x? Is 11-36 enough back there? I suppose it'll make me stronger
Never been to Hartshorne but for Allaire and 6MR.... more than enough
Ditch the ring, FD and shifter and shave off weight

Hartshorne will be tough with your lowest gear being 36. You could always go with a 28 or maybe even 26 tooth ring up front if you aren't worried about top speed.

Hartshorne will be tough with your lowest gear being 36. You could always go with a 28 or maybe even 26 tooth ring up front if you aren't worried about top speed.
I have a 28 on there now. I tend to use the 36 up front more and switch over during climbs. I dunno. The 2x is good for when there's a lot of up and down, where I can just toggle the front shifter. I think Paul is going to be a bit surprised if he thinks Harts is similar to 6mr.

I have a 28 on there now. I tend to use the 36 up front more and switch over during climbs. I dunno. The 2x is good for when there's a lot of up and down, where I can just toggle the front shifter. I think Paul is going to be a bit surprised if he thinks Harts is similar to 6mr.

Next time you ride just leave the front on the 28 and see how you make out with the range provided by the rear. That's a really cheap (free) way to determine if it will work.

I thought blog ended here... why is it continuing?
Just that blog post ended. This is a multi cross formatted forum thread. Sometimes I write intricate mind bending thinky blogs, like about Larry Crowns, other times I throw out questions, other times I ponder the existense of self. Get on board.

Never been to Hartshorne but for Allaire and 6MR.... more than enough
Ditch the ring, FD and shifter and shave off weight
I disagree, ride it till you are ready. Is that FD really slowing you down?
at the the moment you don't know what you want next. Don't be another Max...
btw: get to Nassau on Sunday if you can swing it and meet Paul

Next time you ride just leave the front on the 28 and see how you make out with the range provided by the rear. That's a really cheap (free) way to determine if it will work.
Speaking of riding, I think I'm out for tomorrow. Hand is a bit sore. Might try to do a couple miles solo and slow just to feel and work it out.

I met him at ST. Nice dude. My body is still a bit jacked up. Gonna try to test things out tomorrow. Might try and make Sunday depending on how things feel.

We met ST... he brought me McGriddle! lol
Maybe I'll drive down to Hartshorne... never been there

Reactions: Tim
how would you compare Harts compared to LewMo, Chimney or RV?

Back
Top Bottom