The Amusement Bike Park

watch for false readings...makes for a good surprise down the road.

I've been blessed by a few good zapping before, most notably a malfunctioning breaker on a 480V 3 phase and an idiot electrician giving me the go ahead to disconnect a motor driver forgetting he had not disengaged the 480V main breaker (turned out to be a good thing because as a result I don't trust anybody to give me the go ahead when working on electrical stuff, I need to see it with my own eyes). Nothing like a good zapping first thing in the morning...not really funny, I lost family to electrocution so it's kind of callous of me.

Blog: Y'alls wanna talk about muzik? We know mountain bike beer is IPA. this is clear by the 80/20 (IPA/Anything other than IPA) in the What (IPA) are you drinking thread. Is there a widely common MTB music? I don't ride with headphones because I'm a noob and need to focus on technique and injuring myself with dumb mistakes, but I tend to go for faster music pre-ride, much like I do before/during a workout. I gravitate more toward punk rock a la early or brit punk. I know there's a metal thread. Are there any hip hop enthusiasts among us? My go-to angry music when I'm doing spreadsheets and data upload used to be Run The Jewels, but I don't do much of that tedious work these days. I'll end this rambling with my favorite punk-esque song of 2018. The last lyric is "...and fuck Tom Brady" for those Patriots haters out there.

Blog: Y'alls wanna talk about muzik? We know mountain bike beer is IPA. this is clear by the 80/20 (IPA/Anything other than IPA) in the What (IPA) are you drinking thread. Is there a widely common MTB music? I don't ride with headphones because I'm a noob and need to focus on technique and injuring myself with dumb mistakes, but I tend to go for faster music pre-ride, much like I do before/during a workout. I gravitate more toward punk rock a la early or brit punk. I know there's a metal thread. Are there any hip hop enthusiasts among us? My go-to angry music when I'm doing spreadsheets and data upload used to be Run The Jewels, but I don't do much of that tedious work these days. I'll end this rambling with my favorite punk-esque song of 2018. The last lyric is "...and fuck Tom Brady" for those Patriots haters out there.

I've going back to my techno roots as of late

I've going back to my techno roots as of late

A classic. I watched this in music history class back in 2007. Lol. Dont worry we watched other examples of augmented analog instruments

Edit: This might have come off as snarky. Sorry, that's not how I meant it. Also, this is a different video, though it contains their classic red background. They were a groundbreaking synthesizer group. Do you dig Daft Punk or Justice?

Last edited:

Kpop yo... Kpop

Blog: Y'alls wanna talk about muzik? We know mountain bike beer is IPA. this is clear by the 80/20 (IPA/Anything other than IPA) in the What (IPA) are you drinking thread. Is there a widely common MTB music? I don't ride with headphones because I'm a noob and need to focus on technique and injuring myself with dumb mistakes, but I tend to go for faster music pre-ride, much like I do before/during a workout. I gravitate more toward punk rock a la early or brit punk. I know there's a metal thread. Are there any hip hop enthusiasts among us?

pffft don't fall for the conformists "group speak". Music, food, beer is all personal preference - whatever you like is all that matters. Me? I hate IPAs - horrible. Music - started listening to classic metal as a kid in the early 70s and never moved away since. Have ventured to progressive metal, death metal, etc, but never outside the basic genre.

pffft don't fall for the conformists "group speak". Music, food, beer is all personal preference - whatever you like is all that matters. Me? I hate IPAs - horrible. Music - started listening to classic metal as a kid in the early 70s and never moved away since. Have ventured to progressive metal, death metal, etc, but never outside the basic genre.
Yeah. I like IPA, I just thought it was funny that all of those exotic beers are mostly just different IPAs. Metal is an interesting genre. Its so broad in scope with stark differences between classic metal to death or doom metal. Who do you consider the pioneers of metal? With punk you have bands like the Ramones, MC5, Sex Pistols. Pre Metal emergence could be like Led Zep. Similar to how Velvet Underground was pre punk.

yeah I always dug Slayer

A classic. I watched this in music history class back in 2007. Lol. Dont worry we watched other examples of augmented analog instruments

Edit: This might have come off as snarky. Sorry, that's not how I meant it. Also, this is a different video, though it contains their classic red background. They were a groundbreaking synthesizer group. Do you dig Daft Punk or Justice?
I started listening to techno, electronica and industrial before the Rave period of the 90s, which is what launched bands like Daft Punk. Detroit techno which was popular in the 80s wasn't my thing either. If you are really into local underground punk origin, @Kaleidopete is the man, he's was there and could probably write a book on it.

Black Sabbath?

My first favorite band - bought this album when I was 15 - still have it somewhere.

R-2596401-1369683264-4486.jpeg.jpg

Yeah. I like IPA, I just thought it was funny that all of those exotic beers are mostly just different IPAs. Metal is an interesting genre. Its so broad in scope with stark differences between classic metal to death or doom metal. Who do you consider the pioneers of metal? With punk you have bands like the Ramones, MC5, Sex Pistols. Pre Metal emergence could be like Led Zep. Similar to how Velvet Underground was pre punk.

I consider black sabbath as the key pioneers, also Deep purple. I never really considered led zep as metal.

I consider black sabbath as the key pioneers, also Deep purple. I never really considered led zep as metal.
I always wondered what is considered the first American metal band? There so many from the UK and please don't say Aerosmith or Kiss. Maybe BOC? When in HS the popular bands were Priest and Maiden. Funny to think back I used to think it was noise and couldn't make out the lyrics. Nowadays when I hear Halford he sounds like Johnny Mathis...

I always wondered what is considered the first American metal band? There so many from the UK and please don't say Aerosmith or Kiss. Maybe BOC? When in HS the popular bands were Priest and Maiden. Funny to think back I used to think it was noise and couldn't make out the lyrics. Nowadays when I hear Halford he sounds like Johnny Mathis...

Good question - from what I listened to, Steppenwolf and Iron Butterfly were early metalish bands. True metal I agree blue oyster cult as one of the first - saw them in Pittsburgh late 70s. Kiss I always considered as a joke band. Still think Halford as one of thw great metal vocalists

Back
Top Bottom