The Amusement Bike Park

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys ever have your wife convince you to change out 4 fixtures in your stupid old-ass house where nothing is right and you have to go to the hardware store twice for $.20 bolts and go up and down to the basement 20 times to turn breakers on and off since the last owner didnt label shit right and by the third fixture you start to wonder if it would be great if the house just burned to the ground? Hahaha. Me neither.

i solved this problem with a pad and paper when we bought the place, each outlet and fixture has marked in a box on a spreadsheet that hangs inside the breaker box. next step is to put a number under the faceplate or fixture as to which breaker its controlled by.

alternatively you could man up and do the wiring live . . . . o_O:oops:

disclaimer: DONT DO THIS

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is what happens when I wheelie out midway. Thankfully I was aable to hop off and went right back over it good and clean. I also need to learn how to corner. Slid out onto a bush and almost thought I broke my finger. Then, clipped a tree and stumbled around. I called this ride Many Falls since a lot of it was on Many Log trail. Lol. View attachment 90674

you might want to consider something a bit more grippier than those tow-path tires.......

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
i solved this problem with a pad and paper when we bought the place, each outlet and fixture has marked in a box on a spreadsheet that hangs inside the breaker box. next step is to put a number under the faceplate or fixture as to which breaker its controlled by.

come on now - there are simple solutions to this problem...

https://smile.amazon.com/Klein-Tool...one+generator&qid=1553118503&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Reactions: Tim

jklett

do you have one? im gonna borrow it next time i need to do this instead of walking around with a gfci outlet tester (light up style)
ElectricityTest.jpg

TimBay

you might want tp consider something a bit more grippier than those tow-path tires.......
I meant to write weenie. I pussied out and bailed. But yeah, I'm getting to the point where I should ditch the stock Ikons and get something else. Any suggestions? Was thinking Ardents. Theres just so many options out there.

TimBay

I

I really like this idea. A bit of work, but then you know all your wiring. I tried the live wire once and quickly got a little shock to remind me to just go and turn it off.

Patrick

Staff member
I meant to write weenie. I pussied out and bailed. But yeah, I'm getting to the point where I should ditch the stock Ikons and get something else. Any suggestions? Was thinking Ardents. Theres just so many options out there.

i'm an ardent in the front, igniter mounted backwards in the back guy - think the plus bike is nobby nic/igniter.
big, distinct knobs on the sides make a big difference when leaning over on looser terrain.
tubeless- of course, and the beefier sidewalls, cause i suck at actually hitting the line over the rock....

I

I really like this idea. A bit of work, but then you know all your wiring. I tried the live wire once and quickly got a little shock to remind me to just go and turn it off.

if shocking yourself didn't trip the circuit breaker, you need to lick your fingers first. :D

Tim

aka sptimmy43

I really like a Minion DHF on the front. They've got great grip for cornering. Are they overkill for the sandier trails in south Jersey? Yeah, probably. I haven't settled on a favorite rear tire yet. I've tried a High Roller 2 and it's a boat anchor. The Aggressor is faster yet still capable. I may try a Minion SS in the near future. At the end of the day tires are all a compromise.

Whatever you decide definitely install them tubeless.

JDurk

This is what happens when I weenie out midway. Thankfully I was aable to hop off and went right back over it good and clean. I also need to learn how to corner. Slid out onto a bush and almost thought I broke my finger. Then, clipped a tree and stumbled around. I called this ride Many Falls since a lot of it was on Many Log trail. Lol. View attachment 90674
I hope that bike is a SS, rear derailleur looks stressed.

Patrick

Staff member
I has one dem, but without the bulb thing.
sometimes I'll just plug in a BT speaker and blast music while flipping breakers until the music stops.

then i'd have to reset every clock in the house.
there is a light bulb/gator clip kit too.

oh, and a high and low voltage current detector is also a good idea.

https://smile.amazon.com/Voltage-Protection-Klein-Tools-NCVT-2/dp/B004FXJOQO/ref=sr_1_1?crid=D5SSMGOGERWV&keywords=current+detector&qid=1553171031&s=hi&sprefix=current+de,tools,134&sr=1-1

TimBay

then i'd have to reset every clock in the house.
there is a light bulb/gator clip kit too.

oh, and a high and low voltage current detector is also a good idea.

https://smile.amazon.com/Voltage-Protection-Klein-Tools-NCVT-2/dp/B004FXJOQO/ref=sr_1_1?crid=D5SSMGOGERWV&keywords=current+detector&qid=1553171031&s=hi&sprefix=current+de,tools,134&sr=1-1
This is basically what I currently use. Simple and safe. But I should go through and relabel everything. I won't due to time, but I should. Ha

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my multi-meter has a non-contact voltage sensor which i used to do mine, seemed to work well and no chance of shock (idk if i would trust it that the line is dead before i grab the two end, might need an actual meter for that pre-test)

TimBay

Rode Hartshorne for the second time ever. There was this older, military dude that became my motivational spirit guide for climbs. I'm not sure if he was real or not, but if he's not a ghost, I'd guesstimate he runs conservatively 25 miles of trail per day. I'm gonna think of his word of wisdom "no stopping...just keep pedaling...get up it you fucking fat piece of shit" on every ride... and every time I masterbate. Thank you old spirit of the trails, whoever you once were.

Top Bottom