Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

Maybe bike shop owners are just really interesting? Maybe they all have their own path to how they got there and it's usually an interesting one. (Don't interview Marty, his story is quite boring)

I think you guys had a great episode. I like Kate and glad to see her doing well with racing, however that's a dead topic. Andrew teaching literature in college and such was interesting as was the rest of his path.

I can't think of a better episode actually. Sound quality was good, good flow the whole time, never was there a point where my interest went down.

@seanrunnette enjoyed this one while riding in the snow yesterday... Well done. I have met Kate and Andrew before at hpcx but didn't get to talk to them much... I know a little about them bc of mutual friends... Very interesting people. I can't believe all of the different careers Andrew has had...didn't Kate also play d1 soccer for Michigan?

Few more interruptions of Andrew would have been nice... funny because usually if I'm listening to a podcast and the interviewer doesn't ask the question I want I'm stuck since I'll never meet this person.... but now the next time I run into Andrew I'll have a bunch of stuff to ask him about.

Nice work.

OMG
What could possibly be worst then cross talk, you guys found it. STAR WARS :dead:

If you do the left coast vacay hit SF go to wine country, st. Reyes point aka bloody triangle then head to Tahoe. Complete the finish to SLC and discover the back range hikes and tabernacle city. Trust me on this.
Don't go to LA it's like vacaying newark.

I need some Horton reefer doughnuts.

Loved the stars wars stuff and not because I have much interest in star wars....im sure ill go see it eventually...But I enjoy listening to Sean's take on movies. Would very much enjoy listening to some of Seans personal stories about the movie industry.

@seanrunnette that was a solid Dave Thomas impersonation, well done...Next time please say the word "Underwears" although technically that was Rick Moranis' line.

Sound was much better.

Go visit Canada, preferably with @Dominique.

Joe Biden..."The gaffe master" is one of my favorites...Did he ask any wheelchair bound members of the audience to stand up?

Could you please remove the T from the word planetarium the next time you talk about it?

I loved the mentioned of the space capsule that you @Norm saw at the planetarium.....So @Norm texts me a very small picture of the heat shield on the capsule and quizzes me as to what it is. I was only able to say....the re-entry shield of some old space vehicle....However, bc I love this stuff....
It was the Gemini 12 capsule
which was piloted by James Lovell and Buzz Aldrin
James Lovell who was played by Tom Hanks (bc of course)...Has Sean Ever met Tom Hanks?
Anyway...and Buzz Aldrin...Who is from Glen Ridge NJ, and went to MIT and was played by Bryan Cranston....who actually also played Gus Grissom.
No idea where im going with this, but you guys should have these two on the podcast...Please ask Buzz what it was like flying an F-86.

holy crap Sean knew one of my annoying factoids!
My father was a wholesale sea food distributor for a long time. He said to watch out for scallops that are all uniform in size because they are punched out of skate wings with a circular die.

Where the f is Kate from? Sounds like half Philly half Cali.
I need to listen to the podcast (still) but you totally nailed it - Kate grew up in Michigan but her family lived in California for high school. She also went to Pepperdine.

Got about 35 minutes in before I had to return to herding cats...I mean, teaching Freshman. Will finish tomorrow.

Lance lived in SD for the Navy and still raves about the perfect weather and tacos. Otherwise meh. Alcatraz was cool...and I did the Walkman tour...in 2000.

I wish I was at the race we will not talk about to see @seanrunnette tell off the CT mom. Hee hee.

Back
Top Bottom