Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm I've been to San Diego for work a few times. I usually try to mountain bike, but I rented a road bike on one of the trips. I got a reasonably decent aluminum bike from http://www.thebikerevolution.com for like $100 for the week. The dudes there were cool and the location is an easy walk from the convention center/gaslamp district. I would definitely recommend them if you haven't lined something up already.

P.S. I am super jealous.

gtluke

The Moped
My shitty notes on what caught my attention while on mobile so I don't forget.

Two of your team members lives in Montville but you think of kale. Haha . There is a local theatre here too. The barn theatre. @ChrisRU has been there.
Kale's security business is here but I don't think his barn is. Dave vw and kale didn't both build barns, vw built Kale's.

I grew up around a lot of theatre. But all musicals. My father and sister are both into performance arts. My dad more so. He still directs sometimes but has slowly started losing interest.

@jimvreeland my brother can probably get you shows in your area when you're ready.

Love to see Jim and Sean perform live. There is a goo chance I've seen Jim's band but can't remember. Almost certainly my wife has.

Continually impressed with Sean's ability to recall biking information and names.
Someone needs to interview Sean. I'd love to try. I have a lot of questions.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
@gtluke We've spent so many years on the curcuit that once we're ready it'll be super easy to plug right back in. My drummer has done sound for pretty much every club in a 500 mile radius. My old singer is head of sound at Starland which is why I'm there all the time.

Robin

may be asking too much - but can't find the podcast on Stitcher/iTunes link doesn't work?? Not a biggie as I can listen during prep/lunch but I do most of my listening in the car/commute.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Real question, what time does vreeland start in the this podcast, I got to 12:53 and there was seemingly no end to the general conversation

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Okay, really glad to see (hear) these back in rotation.
I managed to find my headphones and listen on the commute in (it's probably over a year since I listened to anything on my commute).

I made it up to the Kona/eBay portion of the banter.
IMG_9851.JPG

Looking forward to the rest on the ride home.

I enjoyed hanging out with Tall Guy and Jim in a van. Listening on a cramped bus, I felt like I was there.

Would like Jim to be a repeat offender. No doubt lots of stuff that could be covered. I'd like to know more about these randomees- not familiar with the format, and it sounds like an interesting scene.

Would also tune in to a day in the shop with Jim as he builds a bike or a wheel set.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's the one. I would suggest, based upon further reading, that you do the B ride. The A is legitimately horrific.

It would be a solo thing, given my time constraints. As it is, I'll be ~30m south of where this starts so it'll be a hectic job to squeeze it in. I should make sure I bring my lights.

Top Bottom