So Who Else Finds it Amusing That Fat Bikes Can't Ride in the Snow That Well?

1speed is far more diplomatic.

You deliberately trolled a subject for reactions, then claimed offense when people (surprise) fired back? That's some impressive interneting right there. And the "hey, I was just sayin'?!" defense is inapplicable. You know what you are doing.

Actually it was two subjects, my bad.

Yet my intial psot, while quoting specific peoples comments, did not specifically call out any one persons specific situation, just simply compiling comments that were made and was also just finding irony in the fact that the current hot type of bike isn't that great for one of it's intended purposes.

Not very convincing. If you liked mountain biking, you'd find a way to do it. Just like the rest of us, you have choices. 99% of the time, you choose the road. You, sir, are a roadie. Your credibility on a mountain bike forum has been reduced to reflect this:rolleyes:.

I have never claimed not to ride the road 99% of the time and nor I try and act like I am some MTB expert. However 90% of the threads on this site relate to things I can comment on as I have been around the block on a bike just a few times and I am sorry if one of those bikes was not a fat bike. My credibility has been f-ing destroyed.

Do you think we can work in winter shoes? It may help the Alaskans transition better to this new idea.

As long as we offer shoes the incorporate genuine Saskatchewan seal skin bindings, im on board with diversifying the original proposal.

Yet my intial psot, while quoting specific peoples comments, did not specifically call out any one persons specific situation, just simply compiling comments that were made and was also just finding irony in the fact that the current hot type of bike isn't that great for one of it's intended purposes.

SmashingHeadOnKeyboard.gif

I think FFT used this a while back. Don't care! :D

I would be extremely pissed if I had a picture of a fatbike as my avatar too.

No, that was you. You couldn't even type straight dude!

More pointedly, you now claim I should have been pissed. So therefore, you posted merely for reactions. My point=made. Win!:p:popcorn:

No, that was you. You couldn't even type straight dude!

More pointedly, you now claim I should have been pissed. So therefore, you posted merely for reactions. My point=made. Win!:p:popcorn:

Ofcourse I posted for reactions (otherwise what is the point), just it was not pointed at a specific person. Nor am I upset even the slightest right now. Don't try to make something out of nothing here.

I'm glad to see my favorite animated gif of all time. Plus we have bikinis and winter shoes. I think the only thing we're missing is bacon

bacon+mug.jpg

Fair enough. You get a pass anyways because it is your job to promote products we need. Still doesn't change the irony that fat bikes are sold as snow bikes and they don't do that much better.

My first 3 rides on the fat bike were on "technical" (that's Allamuchy North for me) trails without any snow. I normally never ride those trials b/c I suck at technical stuff. During these rides I was able to ride pretty much anything and actually have fun while doing it. So, to me this is more than a "snow-specific" bike.

I don't hate them, I just think it is amusing these things are sold as perfect for the snow and they couldn't handle 8" of very fluffy snow.

It depends what you mean by "handle". When I said I was having trouble with the fluffy/deep snow, I also said that it was while trying to do the regular trails I'd do on a day without snow (i.e. with climbs, off-camber, etc.). Besides, it was my first snow ride and there's a bit of riding technique and playing with tire pressure to ride in these conditions. I think I could have gone to Columbia trail and ride there without problems. On Sunday I came back to DP and rode pretty much everything there. Not only packed down trails but "virgin" trails as well.

So not riding a bike means I dislike it? It is simply a matter of availble ride time. So say I have 2 hours to ride. I can ride from my house and riding the entire 2 hours. Or, I can pack up the mtb bike, drivce at least 15 min, and ride for a max of 1.5 hours, more likely drive for 20-30 min and ride for an hour. It is as simple as that.

On Sunday I rode for 2.5 out of the 3 hrs I was there just b/c I stopped a bunch of times to snap pics, but when I was riding I was able to do so continuously with dabs here and there and few short stretches of walking. I can walk just as much riding a technical trail without snow with my regular MTB bike.

BTW, have you actually tried one? You should if you didn't. Then I'd take more seriously your comments :D

tumblr_m7w7ox3Xz81rntb7jo1_400.gif

1234287_10201238959169684_968619700_n.jpg

yayyeee yeahhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh

DOTN STOP THE PARRTTAYYYY

Last edited:
BTW, have you actually tried one? You should if you didn't. Then I'd take more seriously your comments :D

Just around a parking lot, but I had zerto intention of owning one and my N factor is maxed

My only ride on a fat bike was a cyclocross race...would anyone be interested in my review? :)

Back
Top Bottom