Protein Powders

@Arwen's Mom - Chocolate Milk... Done.. End of conversation, problem solved, solution provided :)
No.
I agree that chocolate milk can be a good drink after a ride, but thats not what I am looking for and certainly dont want the extra sugar.

BUT...

average per serving:
milk, 8 grams protein 130 calories
Almond butter, 6 and 210
nuts, in this case macadamia cause its whats in the house now 2 and 230
an egg, 6 and 75 to 100 depending on how prepared
current protein drink, 17 and 100

I need more protein but a lot less calories as I am still fat.
Eat right, exercise, plus a very physical job, and fat loss is still hard. Add my age and gender to the mix and extra protein can only help. More protein can help with building more muscle and in turn help burn more fat.

After only a couple weeks drinking one every day and I have seen a difference.

No.
I agree that chocolate milk can be a good drink after a ride, but thats not what I am looking for and certainly dont want the extra sugar.

BUT...

average per serving:
milk, 8 grams protein 130 calories
Almond butter, 6 and 210
nuts, in this case macadamia cause its whats in the house now 2 and 230
an egg, 6 and 75 to 100 depending on how prepared
current protein drink, 17 and 100

I need more protein but a lot less calories as I am still fat.
Eat right, exercise, plus a very physical job, and fat loss is still hard. Add my age and gender to the mix and extra protein can only help. More protein can help with building more muscle and in turn help burn more fat.

After only a couple weeks drinking one every day and I have seen a difference.

I don't agree with your logic about protein and everyone is different. Different strokes for different folks as they say. What I suggested is all I got.. Good Luck!

I don't agree with your logic about protein and everyone is different. Different strokes for different folks as they say. What I suggested is all I got.. Good Luck!
I do appreciate the input. Was really looking for opinions on what protein powders are yummy or not, keeping in mind opinions and all.
May just stick with the sun warrior stuff I have been using. Its ok. and seems to be helping me. I can get used to drinking sand I guess :confused:
May also look into a couple that were suggested earlier in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom