Protein Powders

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I'm destroying myself with bacon, so I need the powders. I like EAS Lean 15...it has words I can't pronounce, so you know its good

yeahsciencebitch.PNG

Thats really funny and made me laugh.
But honestly I prefer to be able to recognize all the ingredients.

Arwen's Mom

@rick81721 why do you say he is a quack?
And how does that relate to the protein powder? All the ingredients seem legit to me.
But I am no scientists either

@stb222 You are probably right. But as I am aging I do see some weakness I didnt have before. Its harder for older people to keep/build muscle so figured a protein shake once a day wouldnt hurt. Might be better than a bowl of ice cream.

Since I started drinking them regularly I have dropped 5 pounds.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
And how does that relate to the protein powder? All the ingredients seem legit to me.

@stb222 You are probably right. But as I am aging I do see some weakness I didnt have before. Its harder for older people to keep/build muscle so figured a protein shake once a day wouldnt hurt. Might be better than a bowl of ice cream.

Since I started drinking them regularly I have dropped 5 pounds.
Nothing is better than a bowl of ice cream, let's just get that straight. Ice cream every night is my protein shake.

Arwen's Mom

well, I will admit i lost the most weight and was strongest the summer i ate ice cream every night. But I was also riding my DH (damn heavy) bike all over the trails that same summer.

gtluke

The Moped
my wife has been making frozen yogurt out of actual yogurt. I'm not asking if she puts an surgar in it, or how much. but man what a good protein dinner it is.
2% greek yogurt generally has the highest protein count.

rick81721

Lothar

If you google "quacks" Mercola is usually at the top of the list - like this one:

http://www.alternet.org/personal-he...aguing-america-their-bad-claims-about-science

His protein powder is probably fine but that's how he makes money - I wouldn't financially support that fraud or any other.

FYI Dr. Oz is another one - I wouldn't trust a thing that clown says.

Arwen's Mom

my wife has been making frozen yogurt out of actual yogurt. I'm not asking if she puts an surgar in it, or how much. but man what a good protein dinner it is.
2% greek yogurt generally has the highest protein count.
I do like 2% greek yogurt. I have been buying Fage plain and adding my own fruit to it

Johnny Utah

Arwin's Mom - save your money.

Are you tearing apart your muscles when you workout? If not, it's a waste.

You'll get more than enough protein from a well balance diet

This, I use powder when I go very hard. Otherwise a better diet does the trick.

Increased protein intake, especially in a powder form, is usually in the refinement stage and in a hard training regiment.

Love you Jill, but you may be skipping several steps here.

Arwen's Mom

@Johnny Utah Maybe. and I love you too :)

@Flaubert I already eat a plant based diet. Was a good read though Will check out more on that site. I was not able to read the second article with out signing in/up which I am not interested in doing.

RobW

@Johnny Utah Maybe. and I love you too :)

@Flaubert I already eat a plant based diet. Was a good read though Will check out more on that site. I was not able to read the second article with out signing in/up which I am not interested in doing.
I'm aware of your plant based diet. What I am not aware of why you are looking to increase your intake of protein.... but here, read this http://www.forksoverknives.com/the-myth-of-complementary-protein/ (no problem here with joining a site) and then read this http://www.forksoverknives.com/top-tips-for-plant-based-athletes/

For the record, I was searching for protein powders just over a month ago and came across these articles. I bought the Vega-sport as a post race drink bc... well i want to hang out after and BS and not get hungry

Top Bottom