official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shovel the driveway and walks before jumping on the fattie. Snow ride day. It's on!!!

54FI GHTN IMG_20180218_112512-01.jpg

It was a slow slog for the most part on the local trails with conditions varying from 8" of powder to mud depending on where we were. By noon, there was high slush content everywhere. But this guy was still faster than everyone:
HELL HUND  IMG_20180218_112527-01.jpg

Great week. A midweek outdoor night ride on Valentine's Day. (Sainted wife's observation "Very romantic")

First al fresco lunch on a park pier with the Freedom Tower in the background mist:

View attachment 63923

Then lost off piste @ Allaire:

View attachment 63924

Finally, in the middle of Jurassic Park is where I finally turned my Garmin on, so if @fidodie can turbo boost me up to 2:05, which my co pilot Mike had before he drove away from Hospital Rd with his Garmin on.\:

View attachment 63925

23 minutes added -

I was able to sneak out on Sunday mid morning to enjoy the snow and perfect weather. Planned on keeping it easy with rail trails mostly for fear that it would be to tough to ride, but I was wrong. The snow was easier than expected to ride through and more importantly....climb in. Decided to change my original route of Sussex Branch to KSVP and back to playing around in Allamuchy. Photos are off the Wavin Willie trail.

1519078099606.png
1519078126044.png

Raced home, did some quick Uber driving for my kid, then off to @jmanic 's place to drop off a Other Half growler that I grabbed last weekend. Being the gentlemen he is, he offered up a very tasty Righteous Jams which I enjoyed once I got home. Thank you sir!!! Sunday was a good day!!

1519078152855.png

Been traveling lately, trying to get in some rides here and there, but pretty much all local/road due to time and trail conditions.

this happened over the holiday weekend:

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

Then some more non-trail riding, then again today in the fog and 'moist' ness which did not stop the birds from singing:

IMG_1909.JPG

Gonna try for a social spin this late afternoon after work with some friends, then, who knows? Ride on!

Yesterday - I went to Ridgewood and rode the Saddle River pathway with a slightly modified return just to mix up the tedium of "out and back". No pics taken. Got caught in the rain at the end.

Today - Mostly a road ride with a few social trails and cut-thrus. It was almost hard to convince myself that having 1 layer on top and shorts was appropriate. But, it was perfect. So, much easier getting ready for a warm weather ride.

Here's one pic from today's ride.
IMG_0434[1].JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom