official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
balmy in your fleece...?

it was so nice today, almost felt like cheating...

sorry, no pictures, but got in a nice ride at allaire...the conditions were really nice, considering the torrential rain over the weekend...it was almost as busy as a saturday today...lots of people playing hooky!

Happy Valentine's Day exclaimed the office Moe Lester, to all the women at the client today. God, he is creepy like a small planet tRump.

Getting home at 8pm, earliest in three weeks, we had time to put another dent in the Dream Team. Rather not be in the Bored Room, below:

BORD ROOM IMG_20180212_171150-01-01.jpg

Trails were slop where it's low, but great on the ridge.

FUCK YOU!  IMG_20180214_215525-01.jpg

Pretty warm for a mid February night. Rode home in a light rain with 2200 lumens of front facing light. About 600 lumen were strobing. One green slapband and a Fity lumen red tail flash.

My wife's lawyer will have a field day with the idiot motorist that finally kills me.

Last edited:
Road for me today, too...on the MTB. HT is repaired now. Tubeless holding great and it shifts like butter with the new cables/housing. Since I had to pop into my in-laws in Tuxedo, I decided to ride up Long Meadow Road. Since there are a lot of woods roads along that road, I took the MTB. I took a brief "poke" up one of the gravel roads and even that was super-soft. So, I stuck to the roads. Still a pretty scenic ride along Long Meadow and I returned thru Tuxedo Park. Man, there are some massive homes in there. Ah, to be rich.

I spent the morning building back up the fat-bike. So, by the time I could ride, I felt the trails might be softening up again. Temps were mid-30s. As much as I wanted to do a shake-down in the dirt. I just did a brief test ride and we'll see if the snow is doable tomorrow. No left over parts. Only a couple "challenges" a long the way. I just need to replace a couple gold "bits" (headset spacers) from the previous color scheme. Replaced cables/housings while I was at it.

IMG_0419[1].JPG

For today, I did a little "enduro" ride. Mostly road, a few short-cuts through wooded areas, school-yards, parks, along the RR tracks for a bit, bike path, cart-path. You get the idea - just mixin' it up. The leafy cover in the woods I hit helped quite a bit.

IMG_0421[1].JPG
IMG_0422[1].JPG

Guess you guys are snowed in today. My son said he got 5+ inches, really heavy snow.

This week: 6 days riding, 1 day running

14 hr, 16 min
216 miles (85 miles on the mtb)

Really like this trail system, but discovered that whacking tropical trees is more painful than trees up north - down here they have all kinds of sharp and abrasive projections. I hit 2 during this ride and did a number on my right arm and calf.

27578353_392569457873226_5363308078366195712_n.jpg

Lots of wildlife

27890945_341402629693655_8975832554527522816_n.jpg

Usual road rides

27578722_2290781954482175_6568940608495288320_n.jpg

Best snow in years! Riding was nice and grippy and the snow was anywhere from 4 inches to 7 inches.
Some uphills were impossible to ride though, I just ran out of power. Slight uphill and flat was perfect riding.
Some 7 inch deep spots made me fishtail, so you just have to hold a straight line and power through it.
It looks like my GPS watch crapped out. It did record my ride today, but I can’t seem to get that information
out of it and into the computer. It just says “syncing” and it doesn't do it. I did it somehow, through tomtom connect

Best snow03.jpg
Best snow07.jpg

Last edited:
I just headed out on the road with the fat-bike, figuring I would easily find some unplowed lots, sidewalks, small parks, schoolyards, etc. In other words I went out to play in the snow. It had snowed 6-7" near me, so I didn't really hold too much hope on the off-road, but as Pete indicated above, it was pretty darn good. The snow was deep enough that when pedaling you'd dip your foot in the snow on each stroke. The fat-bike was quite the "conversation piece" at the sleigh-riding hill. Good fun!
IMG_0427[1].JPG
IMG_0428[1].JPG
IMG_0429[1].JPG

Great week. A midweek outdoor night ride on Valentine's Day. (Sainted wife's observation "Very romantic")

First al fresco lunch on a park pier with the Freedom Tower in the background mist:

HORN BLWR  IMG_20180215_121313-01.jpg

Then lost off piste @ Allaire:

NAVS YSTM IMG_20180217_122400-01.jpg

Finally, in the middle of Jurassic Park is where I finally turned my Garmin on, so if @fidodie can turbo boost me up to 2:05, which my co pilot Mike had before he drove away from Hospital Rd with his Garmin on.\:

JURA SICK.jpg

Great week. A midweek outdoor night ride on Valentine's Day. (Sainted wife's observation "Very romantic")

First al fresco lunch on a park pier with the Freedom Tower in the background mist:

View attachment 63923

Then lost off piste @ Allaire:

View attachment 63924

Finally, in the middle of Jurassic Park is where I finally turned my Garmin on, so if @fidodie can turbo boost me up to 2:05, which my co pilot Mike had before he drove away from Hospital Rd with his Garmin on.\:

View attachment 63925

i'll start the inquiry process. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom