official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was totally planning a 3-hr sufferfest last night to catch Frank, but then I started drinking around 5. There went 6th place.

Good work all; thanks Pat for pulling it all together. My goal moving forward is to try to keep the 2-3 rides per week minimum spinning. Spring/Summer/Fall is usually too busy for me to squeeze in 6+ hrs/wk of saddle time; just need to keep it a priority.

A BIG thanks to @fidodie for making this event happen. I can't even imagine the amount of work involved.

you are welcome - with the suggestion of @jimvreeland to use the triathlon club type for time-based scoring from strava, and a couple hours of spreadsheet programming, it was just a daily cut/paste to get the updates in. It was fun to watch the numbers grow.

In all, we totalled about 2,500 hours between 60ish people. The top 4 in the mortals had 20% of the total, Rich had 5%, Liong and Doug had another 8.5%

Great push for podium spots in mortal, @teabagger11 ended up in no-man's-land 5th - he won his entry fee back. then a pile-up for the next 8 spots.

So if this was the round-robin, shall we take the top 16, and go the next 5 weeks in an elimination tournament?

i was just thinking if there will be a 2018-2019 version of this? it's been great motivation for me the last few years, however, i'm too lazy to volunteer as moderator, and @fidodie did such a tremendous job last year!

Reactions: rlb
If it is below freezing at 9am, it is TIME!
Friday high near 38
Friday Night low around 22
Saturday high near 35.
Saturday Night low around 22.
Sunday high near 37.
I already had bimf last saturday

And this year maybe I'll stay away from the sinus infection

Jim is in Sedona. Logic doesn't work there. :D

I guess we'll wait until the ice don't break

20181206_134959.jpg

i was just thinking if there will be a 2018-2019 version of this? it's been great motivation for me the last few years, however, i'm too lazy to volunteer as moderator, and @fidodie did such a tremendous job last year!

Seems Pat is too busy for this - he's only done like 3 rides in the last 2 months so I'll do it. But I will rule with iron fist - 1 hr is the minimum moving time per day for points. So 58 minutes, 59 minutes, even 59 min, 59 seconds = NO POINTS FOR YOU!

it's a newer, more friendly time @rick81721. This needs to be a safe space where people can ride their ride,
and be encouraged with the awarding of copious points. i suggest a reverse scale - 100 points for the first minute,
and 2 points for first 59 minutes afterwards. then 1 point being awarded for each additional hour.

Reactions: rlb
it's a newer, more friendly time @rick81721. This needs to be a safe space where people can ride their ride,
and be encouraged with the awarding of copious points. i suggest a reverse scale - 100 points for the first minute,
and 2 points for first 59 minutes afterwards. then 1 point being awarded for each additional hour.

How's this for friendly: should start dec 21 (first day of winter), like it used to be, not Christmas day. No one should be riding on Christmas, unless they really want to, or don't observe the holiday. I'd gift everyone 1 hr of riding points on Xmas day for staying home - assuming the participant is on the board prior to dec 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom