Nassau Trail conditions

I hiked a lot of the Springside two weeks ago and there was no mud at all, just downed trees and sticks. Also no visible MTB damage at all.

As you may be able to tell, I'm not convinced that closing the whole park for everyone (hikers, etc.) and having huge signs that say this closure is due to "rider" damage is helping our cause. What stops people from just thinking "Yeah, those bikers do suck, we should ban them permanently to prevent this damage"? Also my thoughts on closure have been confirmed, i.e. if Chimney Rock and 6 Mile are ridable, I find it hard to believe that Nassau isn't too. Who is opening the park back up and what are the criteria?

Sorry to vent, I know that a lot of people put in a lot of time to make this park great, I just wanted to pose an alternate view to the "park closing" model.

any trails at the Beaver Brook Ravine north or Springside? Just curious

There used to be a trail on the east side of beaver brook that ran North and then up to David Post Rd. I think it was green acres. Was maybe a mile long at most. Entrance was off Herman Thau Rd 30-50 yards east of where it goes over the stream. Looks like someone plastered it with no trespassing signs now.

There also used to be a trail on the west side of beaver brook running the other way onto what was (an may still be) state property. That entrance was right next to the stream on the west side, but I believe it's gone. The trail crossed the stream at points. There were always a lot of hunters back on that side.

This knowledge is going way back, like nearly 30 yrs ago, so I have no idea if your allowed in there at this point.

new trail in Nassau is amazing
Crazy good flow, fun twisties, and enough "oh crap a big rock" to keep everyone honest.
Nassau is one of my favorite parks and this new section is just icing. btw: does it have a name yet?
Wait a few days for the the park to dry out before hitting it again, probably got a good amount of rain today.

new trail in Nassau is amazing
Crazy good flow, fun twisties, and enough "oh crap a big rock" to keep everyone honest.
Nassau is one of my favorite parks and this new section is just icing. btw: does it have a name yet?
Wait a few days for the the park to dry out before hitting it again, probably got a good amount of rain today.
@jShort took us on the new trail yesterday and those were the words that came out of my mouth... "oh crap!" because it was fun.
Get the speed wrong and you are going to suffer trying to climb back up. I know I did lol

@jShort took us on the new trail yesterday and those were the words that came out of my mouth... "oh crap!" because it was fun.
Get the speed wrong and you are going to suffer trying to climb back up. I know I did lol
use your brakes less, that's the beauty of the trail
A few pedals stokes around then you're freewheeling again. Reminded me of a roller coaster ride, with small drops and all

Is there a new trail map that includes the newer trails. My map doesn’t have most of the trails that are on the Springfield loop side

Where’s the new trail you speak of?

The blue circle is the new stuff. It's like a super miniature sidewinder.

20180530_090708.jpg

The blue circle is the new stuff. It's like a super miniature sidewinder.

How new is this? Was it there like 6 months ago? Is it that trail that goes down to the bottom, like near the bottom of those whoop-de-dos that, if you jump them, send you into the brush?

How new is this? Was it there like 6 months ago? Is it that trail that goes down to the bottom, like near the bottom of those whoop-de-dos that, if you jump them, send you into the brush?
just opened a week or two ago, spoke to @madman last month and they worked on it when the park was closed earlier in the year

Just got back. Was pretty slick in a bunch of spots with wet roots and rocks galore. Still a nice ride but "slippery" which wasn't confidence inspiring for picking up speed.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions