Motorless lawnmower? Worth it?

I had a poorly maintained reel mower at the last place I lived. It sucked, so I used a string trimmer for the entire (small) lawn. The English ivy and other creepy crap really took over. I think a battery powered mower would have been a better move in retrospect.

I've been using a reel mower for a couple of years now after my gas mower died. It's okay if you cut the lawn regularly, but let the lawn grow too long and it won't cut anything. Even with regular cutting, it leaves some grass uncut here and there. I use a string trimmer for the edges anyway so I try to get the spots that the mower doesn't cut.

i see what you did there....:D
I'm still with the goat idea. No motor, engine, blade to sharpen, batteries to charge, wheels to fix, landscapers to pay. Just some poop and maybe 'gas' to deal with. Plus the neighbors kids will love to come over to your house to visit.

The best zero maintenance is a landscaper. A guy coming to cut your grass is pretty damn cheap. I figured to buy a mower big enough to cut my grass would be more expensive than paying someone 40 bucks a week.
Plus I’m not wasting my time on that. Some people enjoy the grass cutting game. Put on headphones, crack open a beer... I am not one of those people.

Math
In 2.5 months you bought my tractor. I have an acre and cut it with a 1973 wheelhorse c100. That tractor is also my riding snowblower since I have like 1/4 mile of driveway to deal with in the winter.

Even though I still cut my own grass and have time down, +1 on the landscaper. It rather take that hour and change and apply it to a bike ride or fishing trip. $40 a week is a small price for an extra hour doing something else. I have a neighbor who waxes all Zen about cutting grass and getting into your own head, dude seriously needs to get a hobby.

You could go "nucular"

8679d91c-61f6-4cf7-a1de-22ce78594455_1.48ce00c9a2491133f39806e0ff51ee98.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom