Do they get the job done?

I like the no maintenence aspect

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have one of the push/reel mowers.
it works
it is painful
you can have it. probably needs some tlc - i rolled it yesterday as a test, and it cut ok, but looks horrible.

Dingo

A small yard, how about a cordless (battery powered) string trimmer? Better than one of the push type reel mowers.

wonderturtle

i have one of the push/reel mowers.
it works
it is painful
you can have it. probably needs some tlc - i rolled it yesterday as a test, and it cut ok, but looks horrible.

If you're giving it away I'll take it and give it a try. I'm pretty flexible next week so plz pm me with times you're available and your address

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a non-cordless electric push mower. I plug it into an outlet in my garage and cut the grass. I got it for $5 at a garage sale ten years ago. I've never done any maintenance to it whatsoever. It's a little annoying dragging the cord around and trying not to run it over, but you get used to it. Would recommend.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't even bother with a rotary push. It went out of style 50 years ago for a reason. Cordless is the way to go and your neighbors will like it too.

Dingo

I have a non-cordless electric push mower. I plug it into an outlet in my garage and cut the grass. I got it for $5 at a garage sale ten years ago. I've never done any maintenance to it whatsoever. It's a little annoying dragging the cord around and trying not to run it over, but you get used to it. Would recommend.
But that has a motor. Right?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I grew up using a plug in electric mower. They clog sometimes but work great. Just don’t run over the cord like it was said.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The best zero maintenance is a landscaper. A guy coming to cut your grass is pretty damn cheap. I figured to buy a mower big enough to cut my grass would be more expensive than paying someone 40 bucks a week.
Plus I’m not wasting my time on that. Some people enjoy the grass cutting game. Put on headphones, crack open a beer... I am not one of those people.

rick81721

Lothar
The best zero maintenance is a landscaper. A guy coming to cut your grass is pretty damn cheap. I figured to buy a mower big enough to cut my grass would be more expensive than paying someone 40 bucks a week.
Plus I’m not wasting my time on that. Some people enjoy the grass cutting game. Put on headphones, crack open a beer... I am not one of those people.

This

Karate Monkey

Reel mowers need to be sharp AF to do anything... If you aren't comfy with a big ass file/vise to hold the blades, stay away.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

this is funny, i picked up a used commercial lawn mower because of what the landscaper was charging me. paid for it in 5 months (not counting gas & oil & a new PTO switch)

Here is the strava of about 2.5 acres combo of my neighbor's & my front yards!

https://www.strava.com/activities/338462054

Top Bottom