Johnny Utahs Bike Change Operation

So JSantana hooked me up with a set of XO brakes. I was going to run these on my DH bike, but they are just too pretty! These are 100grams or so lighter than the SRAM DB5's that came spec'd on the Beargease, so on the went!

I think the DB5's will replace my DH bike brakes.....if I don't go crazy and get a set of Nexties.

Headed to Wharton with Sandman in the AM, this will be my first ride there. First opportunity to play with the GArmin!

Song of the day - Hum - Stars

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Well Sandman skipped out today. I was able to get two laps in, was going for a third, but my water froze when I got there, figured I would play it safe rather than go with water for another 18 miles. I will probably be back tomorrow.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/

Last edited:
Upload that shiz to strava so I can see it =p Did you die a little inside from the boredom? When I do two laps there I feel like I leave a little part of my sanity behind.

Come up here tomorrow. We can ride the train tracks to Chimney Rock. Wharton is poop.

Upload that shiz to strava so I can see it =p Did you die a little inside from the boredom? When I do two laps there I feel like I leave a little part of my sanity behind.

Have to figure out how to convert the file, it is on the to do list for this weekend. Believe it or not, I loved it! I was so happy to be on hard ground!!!

Whats do you guys have in the mix? How is Hartshorne looking?

Hartshorne is in my backyard and the last time I was on the trails was for a hike and that was sunday , and they were icy with some packed snow. I'll text MBM to chime in on the game plan.

Hartshorne is in my backyard and the last time I was on the trails was for a hike and that was sunday , and they were icy with some packed snow. I'll text MBM to chime in on the game plan.

Tomorrow Rob and I are meeting at Wharton, wheels down at 8:30am. I'm dragging Rob out to torture him. I have a 3 hour ride on tap with some very specific workouts included. I'm hoping for a couple / three laps around the place. We can break in between each lap to refuel then its back out there.. I don't want to stop too long or the sweat will turn to freeze - Nah Mean? I need to be out of there no later than 12ish.

if you're interested, PM me and we'll meet you there.

Side note, the force is leading me to believe that folks may be hitting White Clay tomorrow. That is a great plan B - maybe too far for Rob doh.

Tomorrow I'm dragging Rob out to torture him.

Side note, the force is leading me to believe that folks may be hitting White Clay tomorrow. That is a great plan B - maybe too far for Rob doh.

Looking forward to the beat down haha.

Side note on side piece day- funny how it was a hush hush of whos riding where this w/e.

I hear ya on the stopping, I am not a huge fan either. You may see me there tomorrow, but three laps in three hours is not in my wheelhouse yet (assuming you are riding the 18 mile loop). Hoping to get two or three in tomorrow again, unless I go party with Jim at Chimney Rock.

Too tempting to go ride firm dirt one more time before this snow comes in.

Thinking about leaving my crib between 9-10am. I'm kinda open. It usually takes about 4-hours to do the whole sha-bang. If conditions are not great we can adjust accordingly, and I mean adjust ourselves, not the loop :D

Back
Top Bottom