Well I guess it is game time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 366

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow, that salsa is killer in white. really like the brown too.

oh and..
fb0b2527c77639a084af136144dff6eab5d6b53f314198a1fb6283c263e06a31.jpg

Johnny Utah

Ha!

Whef, what a day!

Finished 21st, 43 started. We were missing 27 at the start, but I will confirm these numbers when I see the posted results from Martys. Riding in a pack of 43 people on fatties was awesome!

Either way, lot of work, but a good time.

Thanks to Martys for the event and all of the effort that went into it.

Oh! Also won some cash in the grab bag, SWEET!

Will post more tomorrow......Over seven hours out there has me ready to veg

Johnny Utah

Thanks guys!

I will hold off on the conditions report, as it has been said a few times.

The Mrs. and I went out for Thai food last night to celebrate, even with the salt intake and massive water intake during the night, weighed in at 196.5 this morning. Sweet.

It was great putting some names to faces yesterday, everyone was so friendly, it made the whole event a ton of fun!

Looking forward to the next one!

Johnny Utah

Well, back to the grindstone. We went to Bonefish Grill for my pops B-day dinner last night, meal was meh, but company was good. I am sure that with the previous nights meal will sidetrack some of my progress.

Still no booze.

Thursday I have a team building event at work which will include evening cocktails and eating dinner out. I think I am going to do the fake vodka club thing with seltzer and a lime to avoid the heckling thing.

Stoked for this weekend, I am off Friday through Monday. The weather looks cold, but that means everything should be frozen. I am shooting for one or two 50 mile rides, but my Saturday is locked up as is my Sunday afternoon. Beyond the ride, I need to finish sanding my living rooms floors.

More to come.

Song of the day - Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy

Johnny Utah

Hey guys, also should note, as previously stated, I established a team with my co-workers/customers for the MS Coast the Coast ride this year and will be going for my longest ride yet, 85 miles. This will all be done on my fat bike in training for some of the other rides I will be doing this year (really want to do the fully D&L) and hopefully working towards a fat bike century.

If you guys go to the below link it shares some great info on MS as well as the ability to help me out with my fundraising goal. I would encourage the mtbnj community to build a team as well!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NJMBikeEvents?px=13358289&pg=personal&fr_id=25596

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
in for the MS.

I'm thinking you gotta give johnny mnemonic props too. guy deals with patrick swayze, then ice t & dolf lundgren. don't even get into dealing with that psycho sandra bullock right after.....

Johnny Utah

Thanks! You rock!

When I wrenched at Brielle during college that is what Jerry used to call me daily, I can still hear it in my head.

Johnny Utah

Alright, another day.

Well, I got out yesterday, but the ice at Allaire was unreal......I had to take it real easy. Although it is close, I am going to try to avoid it as best as I can this weekend.

I am off Friday through Monday, so between housework and whatnot, I am thinking of establishing a bigger ride. My Saturday was shot before, but now seems to be back open.

Friday I am thinking a trip to Wharton, of which I have not yet ridden.

Not sure about Saturday yet, as I have a feeling we are dealing with ice everywhere.

Diet - Haven't broken the vegetarian or booze plain yet, and to be honest, I do not miss it. Not sure where weight will be though, as I have had a sweet tooth lately, I really need to get that in check. One thing at a time.

Almost forgot
Song of the Day - Strapping Young Lad - Love

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Went down to Beachwood Bikes at lunch, the gent in there hooked me up with a Garmin 810 and the fixin's to get everything set up!

Thanks again!

Also picked up tubeless valves and some Stan's sealent to set up the Beargrease!

I think I am going to head down to Wharton on Friday AM if anyone is around.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Went down to Beachwood Bikes at lunch, the gent in there hooked me up with a Garmin 810 and the fixin's to get everything set up!

Thanks again!

Also picked up tubeless valves and some Stan's sealent to set up the Beargrease!

I think I am going to head down to Wharton on Friday AM if anyone is around.

Thanks for stopping in today John. Hopefully that gadget gets you in there. I will see you on the trails soon.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like those guys at Beachwood. They hook up that slow guy Schilling all the time. Good bunch of riders too!

Top Bottom