It's crazy what you find when remodeling

probably using it as an air storage tank??

the other is an equipment rack - you should recognize that no???
Sorry, read this quick- what kind of equipment?

get Dave Taylor there to weld you a smoker with that tank
perfect shape to build a reverse flow from a side box

Looks like a 19" tech rack. For servers, network stuff. Etc
Based on the color and old age, I'd assume the same, but for audio equipment in a theater.
Actually heard from a friend who had bought software from the previous owner, so server rack it is I guess.

Soon to be paint can/other storage...

I have a tank like that in my house even though we were updated many, many years ago to city water. Mine is standing upright in the basement. The tank is supplied by a well that still functions. You may see a little hook shaped vent line somewhere in your lawn. That likely marks the location of the well. This tank is hooked up to my outside water spigots. So, I get all outside hose water from the well. Its hard to tell if you are still hooked up, but I see a potential supply line behind it. I would think there would be a shut-off valve in line somewhere between outside wall and tank, too.

Nevermind. Close up picture indicates it is definitely not hooked up to water supply.

I have a tank like that in my house even though we were updated many, many years ago to city water. Mine is standing upright in the basement. The tank is supplied by a well that still functions. You may see a little hook shaped vent line somewhere in your lawn. That likely marks the location of the well. This tank is hooked up to my outside water spigots. So, I get all outside hose water from the well. Its hard to tell if you are still hooked up, but I see a potential supply line behind it. I would think there would be a shut-off valve in line somewhere between outside wall and tank, too.

Nevermind. Close up picture indicates it is definitely not hooked up to water supply.
Yeah, but you and Iggs got me thinking there may be a well out there somewhere.
Gonna look for that now.

I'm on township water, but the previous owners left the well hooked up for outside water use. If I ever grow a lawn, I can water it for free!

I'm on township water, but the previous owners left the well hooked up for outside water use. If I ever grow a lawn, I can water it for free!
Huh. Mine could conceivably be hooked up to rain barrel...
Hang on folks, more homesteading to follow!

Huh. Mine could conceivably be hooked up to rain barrel...
Hang on folks, more homesteading to follow!
New blog needed. I'm in the middle of gutting my new(to me) purchase. Home built in 1907 and it's going down to the studs. First we had to get rid of the junk left by the tenants who were evicted. I'm not sure I have enough time to blog about it and take pictures and document everything.. maybe when it's done.

New blog needed. I'm in the middle of gutting my new(to me) purchase. Home built in 1907 and it's going down to the studs. First we had to get rid of the junk left by the tenants who were evicted. I'm not sure I have enough time to blog about it and take pictures and document everything.. maybe when it's done.

A thread of nothing but point in time photos documenting the project would be pretty cool.

At least take the before photos.
I'm getting better at that, I always forgot..

Please tell me it turns out they lead to a long lost Cold War bomb shelter.... Wells are ..... Ya know. :)
I'll have Jimmy photoshop it if it just turns out to be a well.

Can you take a photo of the tenants?

Back
Top Bottom