It's crazy what you find when remodeling

found an old dunking donuts cup balanced on a 2x4 in the wall in the bathroom. had one of these logos:

49d9600982cdae3d9efd3a4c174dc4d6.jpg

While the remodeling has not started yet (don't ask, issues were way worse than diagnosed by the home inspector and the first 2 contractors hired), I did manage to find a deck of rude playing cards hidden in one of the rotten workbench drawer in the garage. So far crawlspace exploration has only revealed water leaks, dead chipmunks and nasty joist work...

WTF is this?

Okay, a couple of things for you all to help me with. Found in the workshop of the new joint.

First, I'm sure I could google this, but it'll be funner this way.

Hydropneumatic tank.
Combines electricity, water and pressure. What the fuck is this for?
I'm sure I can seat fat tires ghetto tubeless with this, but what is it really for?
IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6842.JPG
IMG_6843.JPG

This confounds me.
It's a ventilated shelving unit of some kind, no markings on the sides or front, I got no idea. That electrical outlet has nothing to do with it except proximity.

IMG_6845.JPG

IMG_6846.JPG

IMG_6847.JPG

Thanks for playing.

It's a holding tank for potable water. Its piped to a well, the gauge monitors pressure, when pressure drops well kicks on to fill tank and supply water.
That seems like a reasonable response, but no well- town water.
Sort of permanently mounted in the shop?!?

That seems like a reasonable response, but no well- town water.
Sort of permanently mounted in the shop?!?
It looks abandoned. Owner probably had a well at one time, then disconnected feed to house when city water came in.

You can probably dismantle and remove tank. That tank is old and pretty much worthless. Newer tanks have a rubber bladder in them to prevent rust.

It looks abandoned. Owner probably had a well at one time, then disconnected feed to house when city water came in.

You can probably dismantle and remove tank. That tank is old and pretty much worthless. Newer tanks have a rubber bladder in them to prevent rust.
So what you're saying is it will definitely seat fat ghetto tubeless, right?

I'll add it to the salvage pile.

@jmanic, by the look of some of fittings and recent Teflon tape it looks like the previous owner may have been using it. Owner may have had issues with well or tank which he would have to address when selling a home, so he went with city water.

probably using it as an air storage tank??

the other is an equipment rack - you should recognize that no???

@jmanic, by the look of some of fittings and recent Teflon tape it looks like the previous owner may have been using it. Owner may have had issues with well or tank which he would have to address when selling a home, so he went with city water.
That's a point. For my own curiosity, I'll see how long the town water contract has been in place.

probably using it as an air storage tank??

the other is an equipment rack - you should recognize that no???
Not to worry, I got big plans for the shop.

@jmanic Between the vented rack and the water storage tank, I think you may have moved into a marijuana factory. Score!

Back
Top Bottom