It's crazy what you find when remodeling

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
New blog needed. I'm in the middle of gutting my new(to me) purchase. Home built in 1907 and it's going down to the studs. First we had to get rid of the junk left by the tenants who were evicted. I'm not sure I have enough time to blog about it and take pictures and document everything.. maybe when it's done.

Matt and I are emptying a home of what was left post eviction - so far, a 30 yd and 20 yd dumpster, filled over the top.
This doesn't count the recycling i've been taking to the center, or the truck-full of metal we had picked-up.
We will need another 30yd one to finish. So usually there are some valuables - found about $13 in change on the floor, a couple pairs of unused shoes, and an olympic rack, bar, weights. Oh, and a collection of 12 or so mercury dimes worth about $5.

I think the most valuable thing is going to be the tax deduction for the donations of clothes to goodwill.

IMG_6520.JPG
IMG_6522.JPG

Yeah, but you and Iggs got me thinking there may be a well out there somewhere.
Gonna look for that now.

its going to be 6'-8' from the house - look for an electric switch with wires leading out of the foundation about 3' below the surface. There won't be a well head. There might be an old galvanized pipe sticking out of the wall too. if so, you can have someone tap on it to find the well - it will be buried about 18" down, maybe more. this sounds like a 10pm, 4 beers in project.

RobW

Matt and I are emptying a home of what was left post eviction - so far, a 30 yd and 20 yd dumpster, filled over the top.
This doesn't count the recycling i've been taking to the center, or the truck-full of metal we had picked-up.
We will need another 30yd one to finish. So usually there are some valuables - found about $13 in change on the floor, a couple pairs of unused shoes, and an olympic rack, bar, weights. Oh, and a collection of 12 or so mercury dimes worth about $5.

I think the most valuable thing is going to be the tax deduction for the donations of clothes to goodwill.

View attachment 52232 View attachment 52233

its going to be 6'-8' from the house - look for an electric switch with wires leading out of the foundation about 3' below the surface. There won't be a well head. There might be an old galvanized pipe sticking out of the wall too. if so, you can have someone tap on it to find the well - it will be buried about 18" down, maybe more. this sounds like a 10pm, 4 beers in project.
NICE!!! At first we thought bulk pickup would take all of it but NOPE!!! Had a few pickers.. but here's the damage. Dumpster delivered today.. I'll be loading it after I get off work at noon.
IMG_5478.JPG

The trailer is gone and now I have a driveway- or what is supposed to be one, but now there's a 40ft dumpster there. I also have a tub of waste oil in the basement from the oil tank(no longer there) that I need to pour over to a bucket and bring somewhere.

Good friends work for free... ok beer too.

jackx

Ha! I looked up on eBay briefly and saw the Junior Miss was going for a hundred bucks. I'll probably throw these in the attic and wait for my son to reclaim them.

Cool stuff!

Might want to figure out a good way to keep them protected from light and moisture and preserved. Maybe some sort of plastic container, or maybe vacuum-packed with little/no oxygen, like Space Bags.

Patrick

Staff member
The League was founded as the League of American Wheelmen in 1880.
Bicyclists, known then as “wheelmen,” were challenged by rutted roads of gravel and dirt,
and faced antagonism from horsemen, wagon drivers, and pedestrians.

http://www.bikeleague.org/content/mission-and-history

a familiar tone

IMG_6828.JPG

@mattybfat & I were working on a home that was getting ready to close. We scooped up some bike stuff for SLB. This was in the box.
Note the detail put into the helmet, but not the bike!

Patrick

Staff member
at a job today.

guess they didn't want to use a plumber. the drain is pitched the wrong way. a sanitary tee can't be used on its back, and it creates an s-trap.
i don't even want to talk about the supply side!

IMG_6867.JPG
IMG_6866.JPG

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
at a job today.

guess they didn't want to use a plumber. the drain is pitched the wrong way. a sanitary tee can't be used on its back, and it creates an s-trap.
i don't even want to talk about the supply side!

View attachment 53577 View attachment 53578
Only positive I can take away from this picture is that they at least used shark bite fittings...so thats progress. And easy to undo and re-set properly :)

Top Bottom