IGVENTURE

What I like about yoga is that it relaxes the mind and body as well as wear pretty outfits from Lululemon.

As someone who wants to hate LuLuLemon, their stuff seems pretty awesome. I randomly bought two pairs of shorts from their store in Summit as they were on some crazy clearance. They may be my favorite items of clothing. I'll probably pick up their pants that are highly rated.

Oddly enough, I don't think I ever use them for regular yoga and am not a fan of them for hot yoga.

Oddly enough, I don't think I ever use them for regular yoga and am not a fan of them for hot yoga.

I wear there shorts for hot yoga, they have built in nylon underwear, which is nice since after hot yoga you feel like you jumped into boiling water.

I know my son's really love me, they actually walked into Lululemon and bought my Christmas present there;)

I wear there shorts for hot yoga, they have built in nylon underwear, which is nice since after hot yoga you feel like you jumped into boiling water.

I know my son's really love me, they actually walked into Lululemon and bought my Christmas present there;)
Wait a second, it appears you intentionally try and look homeless with the way you dress on the bike but you wearing Lululemon for yoga?

Wait a second, it appears you intentionally try and look homeless with the way you dress on the bike but you wearing Lululemon for yoga?
My wife dresses me for yoga, I dress myself to mtb.
20170208_200853.png

Interesting, mine don't have liners, mine are more regular shorts.

For hot yoga I use running shorts with built in liners. But even there some pairs work and some don't as they'll get caught up my thighs and restrict my movement unless I pull them up/readjust. First world problems.

My wife dresses me for yoga, I dress myself to mtb.
View attachment 86385

For hot yoga I use running shorts with built in liners. But even there some pairs work and some don't as they'll get caught up my thighs and restrict my movement unless I pull them up/readjust. First world problems.
How Iggy must feel when Steve agrees with his fashion choices
tenor.gif

...What I like about yoga is that it relaxes the mind and body as well as wear pretty outfits from Lululemon.

we all thank you for not posting any pictures of yourself wearing lululemon clothes.

although my wife really likes their stuff, i also didnt know they sold any mens clothes . . . . interesting . . .

they sell men's stuff at lulumon?

seriously, not a dig, i didn't know that!

Nice stuff. All really expensive.

Most if it is weirdly trendy that almost nobody on this board would wear. Think guy in his 50's who drives a Boxter and has botox and a personal trainer.

But their pants are very well known in the one-bag traveller community. Like I said, their shorts are the best thing I own and I'll probably pick up their pants now that I know they do free tailoring.

They had bike clothing a few years back, it all looked like a mix of what I said before with the trendy clothing and Rapha, but I haven't seen that in awhile but I only really casually walk into the Summit store when walking around there.

In the fall I began cleaning up my diet, less processed food and sugars. After listening to this Ted Talk Podcast, it motivated me to do so.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/59If0fcp21g7a0AFnQ7rTu?si=gJOQRdw6RqaVqo6r1Noucg

The whole talk was highly informative, however if you don't have the patience to listen to the whole thing, you can fast fwd to 15 minutes in. I have always heard that processed food and sugars are bad for you, but this explains why, once you know why it's easier to make changes.

I'm 5'9, 150 lbs, I didn't need to loose weight but rather focusing on foods with nutritional value makes me feel better and in the process I've lost 5lbs of belly fat. Feel better and loose weight...I've heard that line before and it kinda makes you want to punch someone in the face, however if you do eat clean for several months you find out that those words are more then a cliche.

Glad to hear you saw some benefits to a diet change but I don't buy this "clean eating" fad. Smacks of pseudoscience. Eating too much of anything, like simple sugars, isn't a good idea, but your body is a biochemical factory. It doesn't care whether a nutrient or micronutrient is naturally derived or completely synthetic. It will get metabolized the same way. Good luck!

But their pants are very well known in the one-bag traveller community
Mark loves his ABC pants and all the shorts/sweats/shirts that his kids have gotten him over the years. I have lots of their stuff too. It’s $$ but if you care for it properly it lasts forever and it fantastic to travel with.

#howiggystrainingblogbecameaboutyogaclothes

Glad to hear you saw some benefits to a diet change but I don't buy this "clean eating" fad. Smacks of pseudoscience. Eating too much of anything, like simple sugars, isn't a good idea, but your body is a biochemical factory. It doesn't care whether a nutrient or micronutrient is naturally derived or completely synthetic. It will get metabolized the same way. Good luck!
Did you listen to the podcast?

I am not a fan of trends, if anything I'm more punk and tend to migrate toward less trendy. When I eat lunch in the break room at work, the 5 other guys eat more or less the same type of what I would consider garbage food, I'm in the minority when it comes to food choices.

When I say I cleaned up my diet, this means I cut out some foods which offered very little in the way of nutritional value. I used to eat a box of Honey Nut Cheerios in 3-4 days, which is loaded with sugar. I replaced this with oatmeal(no sugar added) and raisans. I try to cut out foods with added sugar and replace it with fruit. Throughout the day if I get hungry I eat nuts. I'll eat meat, chicken or fish for lunch/dinner and I usually eat a salad with dinner and try to add a vegetable but often times I don't.

I'm not counting calories, I pretty much eat when I'm hungry. It took me several weeks to get used to avoiding processed sugar but now that I have I don't crave it, which breaks the cycle of sugar addiction. I'm not going to get into why processed sugar is bad for you, the podcast covers that.

For me it's about lifestyle and not a fad, like those people who live in blue zones throughout the world. These people live longer, healthier lives without following some special diet, but rather live the only way they know how.
Click it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

Did you listen to the podcast?

I am not a fan of trends, if anything I'm more punk and tend to migrate toward less trendy. When I eat lunch in the break room at work, the 5 other guys eat more or less the same type of what I would consider garbage food, I'm in the minority when it comes to food choices.

When I say I cleaned up my diet, this means I cut out some foods which offered very little in the way of nutritional value. I used to eat a box of Honey Nut Cheerios in 3-4 days, which is loaded with sugar. I replaced this with oatmeal(no sugar added) and raisans. I try to cut out foods with added sugar and replace it with fruit. Throughout the day if I get hungry I eat nuts. I'll eat meat, chicken or fish for lunch/dinner and I usually eat a salad with dinner and try to add a vegetable but often times I don't.

I'm not counting calories, I pretty much eat when I'm hungry. It took me several weeks to get used to avoiding processed sugar but now that I have I don't crave it, which breaks the cycle of sugar addiction. I'm not going to get into why processed sugar is bad for you, the podcast covers that.

For me it's about lifestyle and not a fad, like those people who live in blue zones throughout the world. These people live longer, healthier lives without following some special diet, but rather live the only way they know how.
Click it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

No I don't listen to podcasts, but if you let me know who the speaker is, I'd be interested in what they have published/written.

I've practiced yoga for a few years but never tried hot yoga, why to you need special clothes for it?

Back
Top Bottom