IGVENTURE

The Kalmyk

^^^i know people on a sugar based diet, and it isn't pretty.
they are in for 100grams before taking a shower.
worry about eating oranges mid-day cause diabetic. go figure
can't tell them anything.

alcohol does not metabolize into anything that looks like sugar. #fact. of course if you put it into .....

To add on to your points and something which is very rarely mentioned. Alcohol and sugar can really do damage to testosterone.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
To add on to your points and something which is very rarily mntioned. Alcohol and sugar can really do damage on testosterone.
To add to your point, people rarely ever acknowledge that alcohol can do any damage. Cardio for 1.5 hours, a barre class, eats right and you still can't loose weight? Ooooh, forgot about that bottle of wine you down every night? Whoops.

Mountain Bike Mike

To add on to your points and something which is very rarely mentioned. Alcohol and sugar can really do damage to testosterone.

To add to your point, people rarely ever acknowledge that alcohol can do any damage. Cardio for 1.5 hours, a barre class, eats right and you still can't loose weight? Ooooh, forgot about that bottle of wine you down every night? Whoops.

@stb222 BUT But but... you love these so much

C0724B31-8D3A-45AE-85E7-C5CA383D7FEC.jpeg

Note: Had very little relevance to the sugar topic... just wanted to acknowledge Kev’s affinity for dick jokes

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think Rick read my last blog and then went to Google and typed, The opposite of what Iggy said. The internet can be a place where sides square off and go back and forth in an endless volley, I find it to be draining and such a pointless waste of time. You see it in politics, Democrats and Republicans, or Hatfield and McCoys, both sides not willing to listen to each other for fear of conceding to the enemy. It's for this reason I'm a fan of the 3rd party candidate, things have gotten so polarized with politics and people are only willing to listen to you if you align with there political system. I'm not saying a 3rd Party candidate would be more honest then other politicians, they just wouldn't come with all the baggage bias.

The other day someone I know from HS posted on FB her concern for the county having a 34 day deer hunt in a park down the street from me. I posted that it's a good idea, deer are like rodents in the neighborhood and the population needs to be controlled. Someone responded to my comments, calling me a right wing Republican among other things. I'm not sure how a deer hunt turns into a political issue, but on the internet it does.

Anyway, Rick isn't a bad guy, I like him, he reminds me of Dwight Schrute.
tenor (1).gif

DT, I'm really not this wise sage you make me out to be, I just speak up and say what I think, you may see me as wise, others may not. I will say that I believe I know better on some things, because I have learned from mistakes.

The great sugar debate. I always knew excessive sugar is not good for you, but I was not willing to listen or make changes. After listening to that podcast it made me take action. I don't want to beat this topic to death, but the fact that out of 600,000 foods available in America, 80% contain added sugar. All health advocates put limits to added sugar intake, yet when it's so abundant, you have to be somewhat diligent in what you are eating.

The science of sugar, Rick, let me know if you approve.
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/is-sugar-really-bad-for-you-it-depends/

Lululemon, my wife says there are outlets in Jersey Gardens and at Woodbury Commons, that's where you get the deals.

My hero, Woody, that farm boy brings dried figs for bike food.
20181211_075224.jpg

Oh, I went xc skiing yesterday, it was good. If you gonna have winter, you may as well make the best of it.
It was cold at Minnewaska in the shade.
20190131_200456.jpg

But it felt good in the sun
20190131_141956.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
I think Rick read my last blog and then went to Google and typed, The opposite of what Iggy said. The internet can be a place where sides square off and go back and forth in an endless volley, I find it to be draining and such a pointless waste of time. You see it in politics, Democrats and Republicans, or Hatfield and McCoys, both sides not willing to listen to each other for fear of conceding to the enemy. It's for this reason I'm a fan of the 3rd party candidate, things have gotten so polarized with politics and people are only willing to listen to you if you align with there political system. I'm not saying a 3rd Party candidate would be more honest then other politicians, they just wouldn't come with all the baggage bias.

The other day someone I know from HS posted on FB her concern for the county having a 34 day deer hunt in a park down the street from me. I posted that it's a good idea, deer are like rodents in the neighborhood and the population needs to be controlled. Someone responded to my comments, calling me a right wing Republican among other things. I'm not sure how a deer hunt turns into a political issue, but on the internet it does.

Anyway, Rick isn't a bad guy, I like him, he reminds me of Dwight Schrute.
View attachment 86855

DT, I'm really not this wise sage you make me out to be, I just speak up and say what I think, you may see me as wise, others may not. I will say that I believe I know better on some things, because I have learned from mistakes.

The great sugar debate. I always knew excessive sugar is not good for you, but I was not willing to listen or make changes. After listening to that podcast it made me take action. I don't want to beat this topic to death, but the fact that out of 600,000 foods available in America, 80% contain added sugar. All health advocates put limits to added sugar intake, yet when it's so abundant, you have to be somewhat diligent in what you are eating.

The science of sugar, Rick, let me know if you approve.
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/is-sugar-really-bad-for-you-it-depends/

Lululemon, my wife says there are outlets in Jersey Gardens and at Woodbury Commons, that's where you get the deals.

My hero, Woody, that farm boy brings dried figs for bike food.
View attachment 86857

Oh, I went xc skiing yesterday, it was good. If you gonna have winter, you may as well make the best of it.
It was cold at Minnewaska in the shade.
View attachment 86858

But it felt good in the sun
View attachment 86859

That NY Times article summed up my point exactly. It's all about dosage, I only objected to the blanket statement that sugar=bad. Just like there are those that claim fat=bad. Sugar is a food, not poison like the carcinogens in cigarette smoke (and here there is no safe level). Carry on sir!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's all about dosage

Yeah.

So a friend of mine had a grandfather, many years ago. Past tense, because he has long since passed on. Family goes to visit said grandfather one day, and they go in his fridge. He's suddenly started drinking bombers of beer. Hey grandpa, why is your fridge full of Colt 45s? Because, he says, the doctor says I can only have 2 beers a day.

We hear "everything in moderation" then we as humans make up what we want to hear is "moderate."

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we hear "everything in moderation" then we as humans make up what we want to hear is "moderate."
And whats scary is they want to legalize weed, when people are already eating and drinking themselves to death...just what we need, another vice.

People will sell you anything to make money, therefore it's up to you to be aware and at the same time the reason they make money is because there is a market for it, despite awareness.

Humans are flawed in that there will always be a % of them that don't know moderation.

I'll think about this more tonight over a couple of beerz;)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Superbowl is one of those events that marks a point in the year, like Memorial Day, 4th of July or Columbus Day, there are usually things you do associated with that time of year and it has a feel to it.

For me xc skiing is something I associate with Superbowl, given the fact that it occurs in February, you can usually find snow not too far from where you live. I ride a bike pretty much through out the year, but when there is snow its more of a novelty and a chance to get on skis to play. Snow can be hit or miss in this area, so when it's here, you go.

Saturday I went up to New Paltz with Paul to skate ski Minnewaska. Paul shares the same passion for xc skiing as I do, we'd be content to put the bikes away and xc ski all winter. This statement can be considered blasphemy by some however there is a subset of the population that are as fanatical about snow as there are mtbers who crave trails.

With temps in the mid 20s up in the Gunks and not much wind Saturday, the environment was pleasant, which brought out a lot of other xc skiers, this was good to see. The snow was perfect, firm base to push off of with just enough soft snow on top to steer a ski on, all with the right amount of moisture content to allow for optimum glide. Snow can be very complicated, I have stated before that the Inuit have like 50 words for snow, I think we have 50 words for boobies or Johnson, this just highlights the fact that the more important something is to a certain culture, the more words associated with it.

On Top of the World
20190202_182747.jpg

While skate skiing Saturday I had brief out of body experiences, similar to how I used to feel when I was on the HS swim team. My event back then was the 500 (20 laps), periodically at meets I'd get this euphoric feeling while competing, it was probably a result of being oxygen deprived, once you work through the pain of using your whole body to propel you forward you go to another place. I think they refer to this as a runners high? I've raced my mtb so many times but only when I'm peaking do I feel the high. I'll be racing, passing a lot of fast guys and thinking, what's wrong with them, how come there going so slow, totally unaware that I'm peaking.

I would like to enter a xc ski race but things haven't been working out to do so, I still could get a race in but my going upstate funds for over nighters is kinda limited. My furnace shit the bed and had to replace it, not to mention I still have a kid in college and the baby needs shoes and I'm busted. I can't complain, I still get out to play.

Thank you $10 trail pass. This was from my Thursday ski, Saturday was the same price but the date was 2/2.
20190201_053336.jpg

Paul was too shot after our Saturday outing to go back up Sunday, so I stuck with my plan to meet up with Brian for his bday ride at Hartshorne. I'm not one to stay indoors when it gets cold but damn does a sunny, 50 degree day in February feel awesome. Good feels, we where giddy after this ride. Afterwards we went out to eat and sing happy birthday to Brian. Mitch grabbed my phone and began to chide me for the mess that my phone is, he moved screens around and told me how my phone works. Surprisingly, today I was able to find the website and type this out.

Spring Time
20190203_145050.jpg

Oh, and I saw G Love and Special Sauce at the Paramount in Asbury Park Friday night. This was a great place to see a show, small theater, easy parking, close by eats and drinks...would recommend.
20190203_144635.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw him in Philly at the Fillmore on Saturday night. Awesome show.
Did he do his new material, acoustic set? He really came to life playing that Christmas song. At this point after playing Baby's Got Sauce, he doesn't seem to excited to play it. The new stuff was another level.

JDurk

Did he do his new material, acoustic set? He really came to life playing that Christmas song. At this point after playing Baby's Got Sauce, he doesn't seem to excited to play it. The new stuff was another level.
Not sure, haven't kept up with the newest stuff. He did do an acoustic set. Was looking on-line for the setlist, but hasn't been updated. Did you catch the opening act?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's

JDurk

The opening band was Ron Artis, really good guitar picker. He came out and jammed with Garret for an encore late in the show, 2nd to last song. Cape Cod Winter Blues was his new song.
Asbury Set list.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/g-lo...aramount-theatre-asbury-park-nj-6395d25b.html

Yes, watched all of Ron Artis' set too, real good. He jammed with G on 1 song in Philly as well. Some dude wearing an Eagles #91 Fletcher Cox jersey beat boxed on Rodeo Clowns and I-76 if I recall correctly.

Saw that set list website and Philly show isn't on there yet.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After being involved in mtbing for awhile, there are things that people do that warrent some goofing on. I'm not singling anyone out, it you think I'm talking about you, you're probably right, but there are actually a bunch of guys out there like you.

National Lampoons Mountain Biking.

Studded tire guy- last wknd I installed studs in a set of tires I bought on sale for $200, they came out awesome. Me and my buddy's where riding yesterday and we came up on this 2' section of ice, I totally crushed it while they had to slow roll it. The tires are a bit heavy, traction on rocks is non existent but I can ride in circles on a frozen lake until I'm dizzy.

1986 bike guy- I'm selling my 1986 Fuji Mountain bike, it's mint, top of the line, works great. I paid $2,500 for it over 30 yrs ago, I'm willing to take offers but will not let it go for less then $1,800. This bike is perfect, will mail pics upon request.

Upgrade guy - I bought a 1986 Fuji mountain bike on the internets, it's totally mint. After riding for 2 hrs, I want to upgrade some parts. I'm new to mtbing but feel with an XTR group, carbon wheels and a dropper post, I can totally shred with this bike. Please advise, but be warned, I'm gonna upgrade parts to this old pos no matter what you say. My buddy works at a machine shop, he's got an ultimate set of tools, in the event that new parts won't work on the frame, we can fabricate and weld stuff to make it work.

stilluf

After being involved in mtbing for awhile, there are things that people do that warrent some goofing on. I'm not singling anyone out, it you think I'm talking about you, you're probably right, but there are actually a bunch of guys out there like you.

National Lampoons Mountain Biking.
And this guy:
Totally Overdressed Guy- over the summer I bought a complete set of winter riding gear (on sale!!) designed for subzero antarctic unsupported fat bike ultras: boots, socks, insulated tights, base layer, wind proof jacket with down liner, bar mitts, gloves, balaclava, goggles, solid helmet, and (of course) hard warmers. Today the temp is below 32 degrees (31), so yeah time to put it all on (in my house). Had to drive to the parking lot with my windows down, but damn I was the warmest guy in the parking lot while my buddies shivered like new born fawns! Now I'm thinking about returning it all because once we started riding, I was sweating like Ted Stryker in Airplane. No Wicking!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom