Halters Cycles 31/31 Contest. July 2015 $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gnome Home never disappoints at Nox.

ggQk9i6QgtWHIjS9ZAexbOnvGkeJaTh1N0yqeo-o2rhQ=w362-h643-no

That kid in the Hb jersey was at the shop this afternoon. I put a new rear derailleur on his bike and he'll be ready to rip tomorrow!!

29/31 - Historic loops around Valley Forge, PA after work this evening.
More have bike will travel for work, few more days this week at HQ in Exton, PA

True leaders demonstrate leadership by example...everyday, in everything they do.
IMG_1432.JPG

The starting point in Valley Forge

IMG_1436.JPG

Halters Unicorn also visited the GW HQ, the Potts House
IMG_1429.JPG

The New Jersey Brigade Infantry Line was deployed at Valley Forge, an important part of the Continental Army.

IMG_1435.JPG

29/31 - All in!

Day #29

Commute into work - https://www.strava.com/activities/357012179
During work - https://www.strava.com/activities/356904341
After work - https://www.strava.com/activities/357012211

So, slow as balls commute into work today. It was hot. My body rebels against me when it's hot. At work I got a new KOM on my loop on a Giant Propel. Probably because it's my size, which is rare for me. Everyone in Summit is over 6ft.

VbqoKvtHV02o0Q9hpPcUAcdKreWJgOML-N-Vj01SDFs-128x96.jpg

I also got to ride my favorite bicycle in the world.

7uRxk3pkL4-zpP_eZMDyEujsqss_pbiWoX7YnZKgYrM-128x96.jpg

I got dropped on the Hammer ride after work so I took the long way home. Once the sun went down it was really nice out.

6qJdoFZdY8KbJz4cPvGofW_ip1NjBA5teZYsvLWJF5s-128x96.jpg

92 hours / 1,279 miles as of right now.

2 more days to go! My legs feel alright, but I am sleepy 100% of the time. Ready for a day or two off.

me too

Here's the incredible secret the fat cats of big pharma DON'T want you know: 60 minutes of slow, mindless pedaling under an almost-full moon is an awesome antidepressant.

agree!

@de00304 LOVE the froggie pictures! Hubby adores frogs.

My day today: half way to work this morning my left shoulder starts screaming at me that this bike every day stuff is getting tiresome. I told my shoulder to shut up.

On the way home I was on the bike exactly 4 mins and 20 seconds and it starts screaming again. I end up doing almost the whole ride with only one hand. At one point I was almost in tears it hurts so bad (and I am not a wussy when it comes to pain). One day to go for me and I am almost ready to throw in the towel. Can you beleive it? And then I have the brilliant idea I started with the ride Saturday. Ugh.

So today is heating pad and nothing more strenuous than typing. Tomorrow will be extra aspirin. Saturday I will still be there as I am that brave/stupid. May have Hubby rescue me in the van though for the ride back to the lot :oops:

In case you all are wondering, Yes I went to the Dr. Hes an idiot.

ride in the drops to finish it up!
You got this.
Thanks! At this point, even if I have to duct tape my left hand to the bars to keep grip, I am riding today and tomorrow.

We should get together for another weekend morning ride in the near future with the usual suspects.

Thanks! At this point, even if I have to duct tape my left hand to the bars to keep grip, I am riding today and tomorrow.

We should get together for another weekend morning ride in the near future with the usual suspects.

This month may be tough..
- doing a family ride sunday - hunterdon farm tour - 20 miler, 6 farms, 3 kids in the 11/12 range - in case you have angry tweeners to add to the fun...

This month may be tough..
- doing a family ride sunday - hunterdon farm tour - 20 miler, 6 farms, 3 kids in the 11/12 range - in case you have angry tweeners to add to the fun...
Right on. Mine are too young for that now. I *could* pull them in the trailer for 20 miles, but that would be ludicrous.
Give a shout when your dance card opens up.

me too

In case you all are wondering, Yes I went to the Dr. Hes an idiot.

Lemme guess - he told you to stop riding? :eek:

For me right now, it's my hands... I seem to have misplaced my road gloves and my hands hurt like hell half-way through. Hope it's not early CT... :(

Anyway... Day 30: https://www.strava.com/activities/357164524 Told you it'd be deja vu... :rolleyes: ...although did do a couple of interval sprints. For the Green Lane sprint I tried just doing a hard effort with an out of the saddle sprint at the end... it didn't go well... ...so that's something I'll need to work on after I've recovered some from all of this. :confused:

Lemme guess - he told you to stop riding? :eek:

For me right now, it's my hands... I seem to have misplaced my road gloves and my hands hurt like hell half-way through. Hope it's not early CT...

No. But when I first hurt it, I knew exactly what was wrong. Explained in detail what I did and how it felt and he tried telling me it was my neck. I tried to explain to him and even showed him the exact movement I made and pinpointed where it hurts, there was even some redness and swelling in the sore area, and he insisted it was my neck. so he sent me for xrays , which showed NOTHING wrong in my neck, or my shoulder, because well, torn muscles dont show up on xrays. So after paying HIM and for the xrays, it still hurts. If a Dr doesnt diagnose correctly and give proper treatment, why are we obligated to still PAY them?

As for your hands, keep your weight off them while riding and keep them straight. Wear a wrist brace temporarily to help support them and teach you to keep them straight and remind you to get the weight off. I have been through this with BOTH wrists in the past.

@knobbyhead I cannot beleive you ride in sandals :eek: Cute feet BTW.
Is that a purple bike next to you?

29/31 - Historic loops around Valley Forge, PA after work this evening.
More have bike will travel for work, few more days this week at HQ in Exton, PA

True leaders demonstrate leadership by example...everyday, in everything they do.
View attachment 24374

The starting point in Valley Forge

View attachment 24375

Halters Unicorn also visited the GW HQ, the Potts House
View attachment 24376

The New Jersey Brigade Infantry Line was deployed at Valley Forge, an important part of the Continental Army.

View attachment 24377

29/31 - All in!

can you share your loop? I'm in the area occasionally for work

good luck tomorrow wrapping up the contest/challenge, I've enjoyed reading about your journeys and recaps
I'll aspire to join next year

No. But when I first hurt it, I knew exactly what was wrong. Explained in detail what I did and how it felt and he tried telling me it was my neck. I tried to explain to him and even showed him the exact movement I made and pinpointed where it hurts, there was even some redness and swelling in the sore area, and he insisted it was my neck. so he sent me for xrays , which showed NOTHING wrong in my neck, or my shoulder, because well, torn muscles dont show up on xrays. So after paying HIM and for the xrays, it still hurts. If a Dr doesnt diagnose correctly and give proper treatment, why are we obligated to still PAY them?

As for your hands, keep your weight off them while riding and keep them straight. Wear a wrist brace temporarily to help support them and teach you to keep them straight and remind you to get the weight off. I have been through this with BOTH wrists in the past.

@knobbyhead I cannot beleive you ride in sandals :eek: Cute feet BTW.
Is that a purple bike next to you?

Yes, my very old specialized PURPLE rockhopper sport from 1995. Still rockin' the original lx derailleurs!! My feet are not as cute as your legs!! Believe me the trails were very tame. The beaded wonder can confirm this. I like Purple ! My new bike color (purple) is a anniversary model. I think the 1st dragon was purple too.

Maybe you need a MRI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom