Halters Cycles 31/31 Contest. July 2015 $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
31 Hours of riding in 31 days

UPDATE!! :

Gore bike wear is sponsoring this contest!! On top of the $100 Gift cert, Gore bike wear will outfit the man AND woman with the most
hours in the month of July. ‪#‎gorebikewear‬ ‪#‎intotheelements‬

We have had really great response to this in the past, so here it goes again. It is really simple:

For the 31 days of JULY 2015, you must have a ride time of 1 hour or more for all 31 days of July. (mt or road) Each rider will be awarded a $100 gift cert for use on in store purchases. Please use strava or a similar time keeping application such that you can provide a printout of your monthly tally.

This is limited to the first 50 people who bring in their results on Aug 1st.

NOTE: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY AUG 15th

The goal here is a month-long commitment to cycling.

Good luck!

J-

Last edited:
I'm glad Jay is doing this again. As someone who has done this before, it's MUCH MUCH harder than you may realize. Totally worth it.

Not to be more of a dick than usual, but does trainer time count? (I'm guessing the MTB or Road condition answers my question?)

Not to be more of a dick than usual, but does trainer time count? (I'm guessing the MTB or Road condition answers my question?)
btchplz.gif

Damn... might be on a car club trip in the middle of the month. Kinda hard to carry a bike on a Spitfire... but not impossible... Hmm... o_O

I'm 437%in...pics will be a tad better this year than my previous attempt ;)

anyone thinking of doing this DO IT!!! Jay puts up this challenge and it will be harder than you think. There will be days it POURS for hours on end and you will need to go out and ride for an hour or more.

It will change your life for the better in every way. This was easily the happiest single month I can remember in recent history.

I've done this each year jDog has put it on, it is awesome!! (and harder than you'd expect)

I've done this each year jDog has put it on, it is awesome!! (and harder than you'd expect)

I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times I've been able to ride every day during a single week, much less a month, so I have no delusions about how hard this would be.

My problem would be rain. I really, really hate riding in the rain.

Ok I think I am going to throw my hat in the ring on this one. See how many hours I can get in July. Every day should be reasonable enough. But hanging in on the hours game may be tough.

Curious @jdog - for the Gore part, do you need to do both? Ride every day and also win the hours contest? Or is that part just for hours overall?

Ok I think I am going to throw my hat in the ring on this one. See how many hours I can get in July. Every day should be reasonable enough. But hanging in on the hours game may be tough.

Curious @jdog - for the Gore part, do you need to do both? Ride every day and also win the hours contest? Or is that part just for hours overall?

You need one hour of riding each day.. Only then will your hours count. I went with total hours vs. miles to honor slower riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom