Fight Night

No, I'm good at the internet.
Connor did much better than expected, got some good shots in. Then he tired himself it and Floyd started lighting him up.
Thought it was very entertaining

Agree. Exactly what I thought.

Do you know what hardware I need to run Goodfellas ???

No, I'm good at the internet.
Connor did much better than expected, got some good shots in. Then he tired himself it and Floyd started lighting him up.
Thought it was very entertaining
that's the main difference between boxing and the MMA in my opinion. Boxing is still a bit of an art form vs the slugfest popularized in the MMA. People want to see the real blood nowadays

Does Floyd have to fight Connor in a MMA bout now?
Shocking, the pro boxer won a boxing match against mma man.

That would be a 30 second fight resulting in Floyd leaving on a stretcher with brain damage.
Boxing isn't fighting, it's boxing. Connor did an amazing job at the art of boxing against the most successful boxer that has ever lived. But no way could Floyd ever step in an octagon and expect to live. Look how bad CM Punk got mauled after training for a few years against some random MMA fighter that nobody has ever heard of.
Today, the only way someone is going to survive a round with Connor or any other high level MMA figher is someone who's a combination of olympic level wrestler, black belt in BJJ, black belt in kickboxing, or one of the new breed who's train their whole lives in the new sport of just "MMA".
Boxing will help you in a street fight. You'll know how to move and throw punches but it won't do dick diddly in a professional fight. You'll get chocked unconscious in 30 seconds or have your head kicked off.

Yeah it's funny what people will spend money on. Look at what we spend on bikes...you can't tell people outside the cycling community how much you spent on a bike.

Yeah but at least a bike is a physical object that has value and you can use for years. A stupid fight is an event you can see for free hours after it's over.

Yeah but at least a bike is a physical object that has value and you can use for years. A stupid fight is an event you can see for free hours after it's over.

so your saying things are more valuable than experiences? hmm - i can take an experience with me forever, and my bike will eventually get stolen...

btw - i was the naked kid on the woodstock cover. :D

Kinda reminded of when Ali fought Lyle azado... Entertaining, but at no point did I think mayweather was in any danger of losing... Same with Ali.. although Lyle did go the full fight without getting knocked out against the champ and he was just a football player.

so your saying things are more valuable than experiences? hmm - i can take an experience with me forever, and my bike will eventually get stolen...

btw - i was the naked kid on the woodstock cover. :D

I wouldn't call watching a sporting event on TV an "experience". Every time you ride your bike it's an experience.

I wouldn't call watching a sporting event on TV an "experience". Every time you ride your bike it's an experience.

Think we were comparing it to going to the fight and it costing as much as new bike.??

Last edited:
although Lyle did go the full fight without getting knocked out against the champ and he was just a football player.

Yeah, but he was roided out beyond all human physical limitations. I loved that guy, hated his team, but loved that guy. I was heartbroken when he died.

That would be a 30 second fight resulting in Floyd leaving on a stretcher with brain damage.
Boxing isn't fighting, it's boxing. Connor did an amazing job at the art of boxing against the most successful boxer that has ever lived. But no way could Floyd ever step in an octagon and expect to live. Look how bad CM Punk got mauled after training for a few years against some random MMA fighter that nobody has ever heard of.
Today, the only way someone is going to survive a round with Connor or any other high level MMA figher is someone who's a combination of olympic level wrestler, black belt in BJJ, black belt in kickboxing, or one of the new breed who's train their whole lives in the new sport of just "MMA".
Boxing will help you in a street fight. You'll know how to move and throw punches but it won't do dick diddly in a professional fight. You'll get chocked unconscious in 30 seconds or have your head kicked off.

I think that was the point, not the other way
Mayweather was challenged by McGregor. Fighters can always fight, and he showed that. He's developed a great jab and could develop into an elite boxer but the money is in MMA now, which is why so many have moved in that direction. I had the fight stopped at 6, more than impressed by his skills and endurance.

Fighters can always fight, and he showed that. He's developed a great jab and could develop into an elite boxer but the money is in MMA now, which is why so many have moved in that direction. I had the fight stopped at 6, more than impressed by his skills and endurance.

I wouldn't call boxing a "fight", it's a match. If you can't use your most potent weapons - your legs - then you're not really fighting. Kinda like fencing isn't sword fighting.

The whole thing looked choreographed. The fight went exactly like it was “expected” to go. I think they basically called up McGregor and said “how would you like to earn $100M and triple your net worth?”. He probably answered “Aye, just tell me what needs do’in”. Like that narcissistic asshole Mayweather would ever agree to real fight where he could lose.

Mayweather looked like a boxer.

McGregor looked like a bottle of Yard's Brawler (old timey style...no defense).
beer_2754.jpg

Mayweather could have ended that fight much faster, but then no one would pay for the rematch.

Mayweather looked like a boxer.

McGregor looked like a bottle of Yard's Brawler (old timey style...no defense).
beer_2754.jpg

Mayweather could have ended that fight much faster, but then no one would pay for the rematch.

yeah nobody ever paid for those tyson fights that lasted 13 seconds.
who was the last person to win that many rounds against Mayweather?

yeah nobody ever paid for those tyson fights that lasted 13 seconds.
who was the last person to win that many rounds against Mayweather?
Technically McGregor only won one round, the first one
Screen_Shot_2017_08_26_at_10.41.25_PM.png

Mayweather has always been considered a complier, fought lots of bums and guys past their prime. Respect that MMA doesn't allow for that, the best always fight the best. No bull shit 6 belt conferences.

And yeah, flat footed Tyson was pretty boring. After the Spinks fight, everyone just wanted to see if he could detach someone's head with a punch. He beat his opponents before the first punches were thrown, once he became mortal again, he lost the edge. Similar to Tiger in way, though different sport.

Back
Top Bottom