Fight Night

qclabrat

growing up, the only TV program I shared with my dad was boxing. He boxed a bit in the army and got us gloves so we could be the crap out of each other with minimal wounds. This was in the 70s when Ali was still king. After Ali retired, we stopped watching boxing together. Before the Tyson era, I remained a casual follower, since the jabbing Holmes did not make for exciting bouts. Tyson was probably the closest thing to Ali in terms of sport popularity. Since 2000, I haven't watch boxing much at all, as PPV has priced out most high profile fights for me. I looked forward to a Pacquiao- Mayweather fight for years and would have paid, but not five year later past their prime.

So who's watching, the big fight this weekend? I'm not, I'll just get the Twitter feeds...

mayweather-mcgregor-poster.jpg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
what are the odds i can find a good stream of this? i want to watch but not for a hundy

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
The only way I'm watching this is if I'm guaranteed to have someone pull a table out from under the ring and toss in a steel chair. :rolleyes:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
what is going to kill me is having it come on at 11:30pm, might not be able to make the end.
Supposed to be going to a sausage party where it will be on. Or that certain cousin that is into the MMA thing.
get someone to point a camera at the tv, and live stream it! (wonder if that is possible?)

qclabrat

what is going to kill me is having it come on at 11:30pm, might not be able to make the end.
Supposed to be going to a sausage party where it will be on. Or that certain cousin that is into the MMA thing.
get someone to point a camera at the tv, and live stream it! (wonder if that is possible?)
there must be tech in the arena preventing this, people are paying $500 for the nose bleed sections

Karate Monkey

Why not just sit in a bar? They stream it for free...

Well, maybe with a cover, but still, cheaper than buying it.

qclabrat

Vegas is going to sweat this one out. McGregor is a 50-1 long shot. I heard there's enough buys on him that it impact the city if he wins. And that's a big if, no one has seen him fight as a pro which is what scares them. tho Marginal fighter they say at best and Mayweather is the best defensive fighter alive. He doesn't have power but scores points at will. Watch some action sequences in slo mo to appreciate.

gtluke

The Moped
Way better show than expected. But holy shit is the production of boxing horrible. The announcers, ref, interviews, terrible in comparison to ufc.

qclabrat

you actually PPV'd this?
read the reports this morning.
Mac tried for 3 rounds then got a boxing lesson till the TKO

what did you think it?

gtluke

The Moped
you actually PPV'd this?
read the reports this morning.
Mac tried for 3 rounds then got a boxing lesson till the TKO

what did you think it?

No, I'm good at the internet.
Connor did much better than expected, got some good shots in. Then he tired himself it and Floyd started lighting him up.
Thought it was very entertaining

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
In the post fight interview, Mayweather said that was the strategy.... see what Connor has and to tire him out.
BTW... the fight is all over YT already.

Last edited:

RobW

I ultimately believe that if Connor was more disclipined in boxing he could of had the title. His flagrant style wore him out... at the end the skilled veteran took him out, although I wouldn't of called the fight so soon. @gtluke i agree about boxing just not being up to par with UFC with regards to marketing

Top Bottom