Fight Night

gtluke

The Moped
Technically McGregor only won one round, the first one
Screen_Shot_2017_08_26_at_10.41.25_PM.png

Mayweather has always been considered a complier, fought lots of bums and guys past their prime. Respect that MMA doesn't allow for that, the best always fight the best. No bull shit 6 belt conferences.

And yeah, flat footed Tyson was pretty boring. After the Spinks fight, everyone just wanted to see if he could detach someone's head with a punch. He beat his opponents before the first punches were thrown, once he became mortal again, he lost the edge. Similar to Tiger in way, though different sport.

Interesting, I thought the first three would have gone to Connor but I'm no judge.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Technically McGregor only won one round, the first one
Screen_Shot_2017_08_26_at_10.41.25_PM.png

Mayweather has always been considered a complier, fought lots of bums and guys past their prime. Respect that MMA doesn't allow for that, the best always fight the best. No bull shit 6 belt conferences.

And yeah, flat footed Tyson was pretty boring. After the Spinks fight, everyone just wanted to see if he could detach someone's head with a punch. He beat his opponents before the first punches were thrown, once he became mortal again, he lost the edge. Similar to Tiger in way, though different sport.

i spoke with a "boxing legend"* who said spinks should have never been allowed to fight tyson. the payday was there, but the chance of serious injury...
tyson hit spinks in the body, and looked at the ref, didn't hit him as he was going down. Even as much of an animal tyson was, seems he didn't want to hurt a kid, so he dropped him 5 seconds later.

miketyson1.jpg

*James Ali Bashir

qclabrat

Anyone looking to catch the Fury Wilder 2 fight, see below.
Overall pretty entertaining fight and Tyson Fury shows he's the real deal and I'm hooked.
Stay off the drugs and partying (AKA Ruiz) and let he'll stick around.
I really don't want to see a rematch, with the controversial draw in 1 and clear win this weekend.
Bring on Ruiz then Joshua. Haven't seen heavyweight power like him since Iron Mike.

Captain Brainstorm

Anyone looking to catch the Fury Wilder 2 fight, see below.
Overall pretty entertaining fight and Tyson Fury shows he's the real deal and I'm hooked.
Stay off the drugs and partying (AKA Ruiz) and let he'll stick around.
I really don't want to see a rematch, with the controversial draw in 1 and clear win this weekend.
Bring on Ruiz then Joshua. Haven't seen heavyweight power like him since Iron Mike.

Fury has power, but he doesn't have the speed and power that Iron Mike had in his prime. Or the Klitschko brothers.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Id rather see a Wilder v Joshua with the winner taking on Fury than a Fury Wilder 3.0 at this time.

qclabrat

Fury has power, but he doesn't have the speed and power that Iron Mike had in his prime. Or the Klitschko brothers.
no question about Mike's speed, power, technique, pre-Spinks still my favorite fighter of all time. Bob and weave is artful.
The Klitschko brothers were a reason, boxing hadn't appealed to me for about 20 years, good technical boxers but boring like Holyfield
I don't think I'd put either brother in the top ten since I watched my first Ali fight with my dad in the late 70s. Also the HWs during their reign was pretty terrible.
Fury will get knocked down from time to time, as he doesn't have the patience or consistency, but he can box and has really good footwork and setup for someone who looks like Gerry Cooney. Really haven't followed much boxing for the past 20 years so Fury went past my radar, he may be the one to bring HW boxing back on the map.

qclabrat

Id rather see a Wilder v Joshua with the winner taking on Fury than a Fury Wilder 3.0 at this time.
That would have been the fight of the decade later this year. But with Joshua's slip with Ruiz and UD at #2. That killed any spark with their first encounter. Boxing now is all about PPV numbers. If there's no interest that's the first thing to kill a fight. Joshua/Wilder has lost a good number of buys at the moment.
Wilder should fight Dillian Whyte to build back his credibility. A Joshua/Fury card would be the best fight right now, but not likely to happen with all those belts to workout deals. Fury/Whyte could also be entertaining. I just hope the best fighters don't get in the ring till way past their prime.

ekuhn

Good Fight. I think they stopped the fight at the right time, maybe even a little late. Ref was fair on both sides. That ear injury from that backside blow def was the largest nail in Wilder's coffin. He was constantly on the ropes and in the corner from not being able to keep his balance.

Fury went in with a great plan and was successful.

Top Bottom