Do I "need" or just "want"???

So I put the front one on. They come pre bled which is nice, they also come with another set of pads I'm assuming a more aggressive compound.??

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_160341.jpg
    IMG_20181014_160341.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 194
I'm actually ordering their bottom bracket. It has serviceable bearings, no more replacing a bottom bracket every season

Depends on the BB. I replaced mine after 3 months....

I replaced it with a Hope and it has been awesome. The bearing seals are branded "Enduro" though. Wonder if it is just a repackaged Enduro BB? Either way I'm happy now...

Depends on the BB. I replaced mine after 3 months....

I replaced it with a Hope and it has been awesome. The bearing seals are branded "Enduro" though. Wonder if it is just a repackaged Enduro BB? Either way I'm happy now...
And the bearings are replaceable in the Hope BB!!!

Been on Shimano XT MT800 BB for 2 years... prolly over 1000 miles
No issues I can tell
I ride in a lot of muddy crap, and Im also 225 lbs. I noticed mine started creaking after a nasty pedal strike that stopped me dead in my tracks and drove my nuts right into my head stem...That kinda sucked. I just took the cranks off tonight and felt that side that I struck the bottom bracket bearing seems to be on the way out, you can feel the bearings failing.

IDK... some ppl treat BB like glass but I've used a pipe wrench to loosen them up when my BB tool got busted.
This particular BB I've mention was actually used on my Talon.... then on my Superlight (no longer have) and then back on my Talon over the years. I ride in the land of pedal strikes in NNJ so it actually had a rough life lol

my old mtn bike had the same bb form almost 8k miles, its still in the bike and spinning away fine, that bike started its life in Northjersey, ended up in south jersey at allaire for several years and then back to north jersey. its now a spare bike. . . but no problems form the bb. If it aint broke dont fix it. you can usually tell a bb is good or not by how the cranks spin or wobble (obviously bearings can get 'crunchy' too but thats a more obvious problem IME)

I guess one can say you really don’t need to go from a good set of brakes to another set of good brakes, unless you want a pretty color :thumbsup:

One of my bikes came with Shimano brakes and I “needed” SRAM brakes so I can run a matchmaker. The difference between the two brands wasn’t too much to brag about IMO. I get a set of Hopes as well and can say that between the three brands, there are all pretty good at what they are meant to do, however my most favorable move in the brake department was going from 180mm rotors up front to 203mm and also bumping up the rear rotor to 180mm. This has been a more noticeable change compared to going from one brand to another.

As a side note, I hover around 210-215lbs and knock on wood, still have all original BB’s in each bike.... with the oldest bike being from the mid 90’s. Just still trying to understand how people go thru BB’s at that rate. Unless they are always filled with salt water and pebbles?:shrug:

I have a crunchy bearing on my bottom bracket, it started right after a really bad pedal strike that stopped me dead in my tracks. I will install the hope BB and have the ability to swap out bearings down the road. My bottom bracket was the only thing not changed prior to be buying my bike, so it is 2 years old with some hard miles on it.

meh i ride in muddy crap fairly frequently too, and salty snowy crap and sandy crap, and i break shit that shouldnt break in ways it shouldnt break, never killed a bottom bracket in a season . . . (and i did weight 215 when i started riding)

couple of D&R rides did in one of my BBs - but it had some miles on it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom