D&L Fat Epic 200/400k February 11th, 2017

They be awesome if you wanna let me draft you fo 80
I am still indecided for sunday. I was a dipshit and waited because I wasn't sure if I was ready for 80 especially if snow covered. I am riding from hazlet to flemington tomorrow and will decided then. I had already commited to sunday in philly for superbowl with my inlaws. Preparty starts at 3. I don't mind being late and may still do the adventure ride. I'd have a more solid idea if I knew it was gonna be 6 hrs, 8 hrs etc. for some stupid reason since Marty's ride I thought they were all on saturday.

I am still indecided for sunday. I was a dipshit and waited because I wasn't sure if I was ready for 80 especially if snow covered. I am riding from hazlet to flemington tomorrow and will decided then. I had already commited to sunday in philly for superbowl with my inlaws. Preparty starts at 3. I don't mind being late and may still do the adventure ride. I'd have a more solid idea if I knew it was gonna be 6 hrs, 8 hrs etc. for some stupid reason since Marty's ride I thought they were all on saturday.
Worse comes to worse its 8 hrs (average of 10mph), that is my dead pace on the canal. May be my race pace, as I do not feel like taking my 5" tires off with more snow due Tuesday.

im very interested to see how it will play out on the part that goes behind the houses in lambertville where the path is like 2 feet wide and you can fall right in, and those little bridges that go over the waterfalls that are like as wide as my bars

i also just realized ive never been on the PA side

im very interested to see how it will play out on the part that goes behind the houses in lambertville where the path is like 2 feet wide and you can fall right in, and those little bridges that go over the waterfalls that are like as wide as my bars

Pa side is wide. Shouldn't be many issues.

I've done New Bruswick to Easton and it is a nice ride. Before they made the bypass Trenton was choppy (still is a bit). The PA side is really nice.

I don't believe there will much of an issue with the narrow sections.

The part behind the houses in lambertville is no less than 4' and probably more like 6-8. However, the canal is right there and you can easily ride in.

First 10 miles are dirt with patches of ice and snow, after that it's 2-4 inches of varying types of snow. With the temps we'll see tomorrow, I'd plan for a long day. Remember, there is only ONE rest stop in 80-miles so be prepared for worst-case scenario.

12644984_10208499287701668_8352924939405705667_n.jpg

12418040_10208499653270807_4055015754025092122_n.jpg

First 10 miles are dirt with patches of ice and snow, after that it's 2-4 inches of varying types of snow. With the temps we'll see tomorrow, I'd plan for a long day. Remember, there is only ONE rest stop in 80-miles so be prepared for worst-case scenario.

12644984_10208499287701668_8352924939405705667_n.jpg

12418040_10208499653270807_4055015754025092122_n.jpg

Suddenly I don't feel bad about being lazy and not switching my 5" tires for 4" tires.

Looking forward to putting my spike in my workshop!

Good luck folks, glad to see some white on the course, should be fun and looking forward to hearing your recaps.

Thanks everyone that came out!! Was a pretty perfect day for fat bicycles. Teens and fast in the morning, mid-40s and sloppy as all hell in the afternoon.

Here's some chicken scratch results I did this morning while eating my 7th or 8th waffle.

12717369_10208513146648133_3702865967780302316_n.jpg

Congrats to all that stuck it out and finished. We only had a small handful of DNFs and a few from the Adventure Class unaccounted for. They might still be out there.

not gonna lie, im a little dissapointed i didnt get DFL

the guys that came in after me mustve been hurting really bad. either that or i dont give myself enough credit.

great race though, suffering was expected, and certainly delivered! thanks for putting this on

Glad to give you guys a sneak peak into the world of Winter Ultras. Conditions this year were hard enough to really break people down. In a perfect world I'd like there to be snow the whole way but I felt like the mud was just as bad.

Despite how bad it was coming back my split was 10-minutes faster. Takes me a long damn time to warm-up.

So what was your time? I always was curious what your real last name was lol

use the mash-up data approach - there is enough info in two posts and one click (maybe two) on this forum to figure it out!!!!

and just found it in 1.....

i guess it wasn't that big a secret!

----

Nice job out there people!

Back
Top Bottom