Chimney Rock Conditions

5/16

Conditions are less than ideal. This includes everything but yellow. Lots of standing and running water. Guardrail trail is a stream from up top. Lots of debris all over from the recent winds. New tree down on white around the pond. 3 new tress down on the lower blue connector including a biggie. Really needs another day of 2 of these warmer temps to dry out. Also overgrowth is already becoming an issue, especially on white. Going to be a rough season with the growth all over.

Thanks to whoever has been blocking the cut thru's. There was a lot of them after the winter. And whoever cleaned off the orange switchbacks & trail below it. Much smoother now.

had a transaction at the Newmans lot this evening
rode red while waiting and then white afterwards
neither were great and guessing it will take till this weekend to be nice again.

Conditions were fairly good today. A few soft spots on all trails. Lower blue was a mess though. Had to walk the bike over at one point.

Just an fyi: I don't clearly remember which trail it was, but a few face slapping leaves/overgrown sections may have poison ivy...or something. I remember my left arm brushing along a few of them and noticed a bunch of small, red bumps on the drive home.

stopped in on the way to HD this morning and it's an ugly and greasy mess, IMO the worst type of conditions to ride in. May be okay late afternoon after some heat and sun

Sunday morning (before all the rain) I was climbing Chimney Rock Rd and I saw a MTBer going behind the guardrail to head up orange. I stopped to chat about conditions, not too good he said. So I can't imagine it's going to be rideable any time soon.

Did anyone make it out today? Any updates from someone actually there?

(I don't need the predictions, ;))

a few of us are having a skills clinic with Ben tomorrow at the ball fields, I'd imagine we'll do a short ride afterwards, expect to be done by 5ish, will report bacl

a few of us are having a skills clinic with Ben tomorrow at the ball fields, I'd imagine we'll do a short ride afterwards, expect to be done by 5ish, will report bacl

Thanks. Hoping no isolated showers will happen tomorrow/tomorrow night. Looking to head there Saturday morning.

you should be fine with weather, high pressures all around, tomorrow and Sat will be beautiful. Though I hope the trails dry out by then

when you riding?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions