Chimney Rock Conditions

How is Chimney Rock looking for this weekend? I'm going to be in the area and wondering if I should bring the bike or if the trails are still a muddy mess
The Rock is going to be a mess for awhile, unfortunately, along with 6M and Sourlands. If you're still in the area, check out Round Valley - about the only trails in Central NJ that might be ok. I did TM/Trail re-route at Allamuchy North today, and IT was a mess, so that's a good indicator that most trails in Jersey still need a few more days/week to dry out.

I've seen some encouraging comments on the Fun Monday's thread. Anybody have any actual intelligence on what the chances for tomorrow afternoon would look like?

Thanks, after another dry warm day should be good tomorrow night. I had a feeling that blue would still be messy.

Reactions: rlb
https://www.strava.com/activities/941725136

It's getting better, there was a noticeable improvement since my last visit on Tuesday. I scoped out Blue once more. Going up (clockwise) from Newmans it's fine. Once you pass the logover at the top there are some muddy corners (which improved a lot in the last few days). One of them is still a total disaster. I took a right onto the fun downhill connector to avoid lower blue.

The rest of what I rode was in pretty good shape. The one exception was 2 mud pits coming down yellow (between Miller Ln and the 4 way intersection).

For the love of god just ride through the middle of whatever mud you see. There is too much widening happening at these spots.

All of red is good, few soggy spots but nothing egregious.

Middle yellow (straight up from the 4 way) has about a 200 foot stretch that is a total mess, probably best to avoid that for a while if you can.

All of red is good, few soggy spots but nothing egregious.

Middle yellow (straight up from the 4 way) has about a 200 foot stretch that is a total mess, probably best to avoid that for a while if you can.
Thanks I'm riding yellow tmrrw and will avoid that part. Usually it's dry...

Reactions: rlb
20170415_192327.jpg

Only rode Red, White and Blue last night. Go get some! The
mud holes on blue are starting to get a dry line through them.
Hero dirt
#SS4S
#can't wait on Lose these plus wheels

Rode ball fields and yellow this am. Weather was fantastic. As @rtb wrote, top of yellow has muddy spots. Usually it's the quickest to dry out so was surprised to see this.

Rolled it today. Still some muddy spots. Very surprising. The dry spots are fast but on the way to getting dusty and loose. We call it "contrast" in the biz.
Thank god for whiskey.

rode blue and red last night. this was my first time at CR and couldn't for the life of me make my way over to yellow/orange. I crossed the CR road, ended up in a river and followed a trail to nowhere. had to turn back and ride red again.

blue is a little muddy. lots of ruts. Red is nice and dry. overall a nice change of pace from Allaire.

rode blue and red last night. this was my first time at CR and couldn't for the life of me make my way over to yellow/orange. I crossed the CR road, ended up in a river and followed a trail to nowhere. had to turn back and ride red again.

blue is a little muddy. lots of ruts. Red is nice and dry. overall a nice change of pace from Allaire.

Yeah it's easy to get turned around. Park at the ballfields on Chimney Rock Road and you can more easily hit yellow and orange.

there's guard rail on the other side between where white dumps you on to CR road and Logan rd which is the fire road just past the dam on the right

i parked off newman - is there a way to get there from red?
check out the park map, red will put you to Logan which is the grey dotted line in the pic, head towards CR road. make a left on CR and the behind the first guard rail is a fairly steep climb which will link you to the main orange loop. Orange is my favorite trail in CR
WP_20170419_08_40_00_Pro.jpg

check out the park map, red will put you to Logan which is the grey dotted line in the pic, head towards CR road. make a left on CR and the behind the first guard rail is a fairly steep climb which will link you to the main orange loop. Orange is my favorite trail in CR
View attachment 50946
i must have just missed it. i was over there and made it across the river, but couldnt find anything that resembled an MTB trail. ill try harder next time

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions